Ref Sync fiter table

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Ref Sync fiter table

Postby mfalah on Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi,
yeah so using the help page I put the data in there but just asking for opinions is this too much information or this much resolution is just fine?

tell me I am not wrong or else I will correct it.
Sensor used: Hall Effect generic sensorfrom Australia
Ref sync trigger: Ross metal jacket 12 tooth crank and 1 tooth exhaust cam
Engine: RB25
Attachments
2018-11-21.png
This
2018-11-21.png (348.84 KiB) Viewed 10435 times
2018-11-21 (1).png
That
2018-11-21 (1).png (351.46 KiB) Viewed 10435 times
mfalah

Re: Ref Sync fiter table

Postby Stephen Dean on Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:50 am

Hi,

You do need that many sites for the Filter Tables, start with the recommended values in the help file, and modify them from that point, if needed.

RPM 0 1000 6000 10000
Table 120 60 16 6
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby mfalah on Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:35 pm

Ho SDean,
For our Magnetic sensor users, please do advise a set of values that can be used for
1. the filter tables and
2. the mag sensor levels, I do come across certain people that have trouble finding the values and I guess they can just visit the forum at any time of day allowing them to add those values to their tables. Please do advise these two for both the Ref and Sync. There is a small amount of clueless guys that are not able to diagnose the ref/sync error noises, they will certainly find this info very useful.

Regards,
Falah
mfalah

Postby Stephen Dean on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:04 am

Hi Falah,

There are no "one size fits all" numbers for the filter tables and Mag levels, as different engines have different signal output levels. I start with the numbers in the help, and then, based on what the Ref/Sync Capture shows adjust the levels to suit the actual signal being read by the ECU. Most of the time, the standard help numbers will work, and usually just need some small adjustments to the idle voltages as this is where the signal is weakest, once the engine is turning over ~1500rpm, then the strength of the signal is such that the standard values are easily reached.

With the Filter tables, the more teeth that the trigger wheel has, and the faster it turns, the smaller the filter number has to be, if you go to high on these numbers, you will start to filter out valid signals.
Stephen Dean
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby mfalah on Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:37 am

Hi,
I usually discuss this over an email and I havent heard back from Mark from a while so I do not want to disturb him, but I asked since this case intrigued me as well. its just that the actual camshaft itself has two teeth on the shaft under the rocker cover and I myself want to learn to do it incase I get an offer to do for someone. Learning is never boring; here, I am attaching the capture he sent me,
Ignore all his mistakes, I just want to know how to populate a graph vs the rpm just looking at a capture on a non starting car.

Engine Toyota Land Cruizer. 1fz-fe if i am right. magnetic type.
Falah
Attachments
FIRST START.rsc2
(64.45 KiB) Downloaded 754 times
mfalah

Postby Stephen Dean on Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:14 pm

Hi,

That capture shows the Magnetic sensors are being used.

To calculate the threshold value, look for the lowest voltage peak, and then use 1/3 of that value for the table in the 0 and 500 RPM cells, you will find that they will closely match the values specified in the help file the threshold values.
Stephen Dean
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby mfalah on Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:48 pm

Thanks,

I did a calculation based on what you said, I got a value of 0.16, this I advised the guy to set on 0,250 and 500 rpm. now for the rest of the table, at what rate shall I multiply to get a result that fills the table for each particular RPM zone?

Falah,
mfalah

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs