Enumerations with c18xx displays

D153, D175, C125, C127, C185 and C187 forum

Enumerations with c18xx displays

Postby PQatPIT on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:05 am

Hi!

Is it just me or is the Tools -> Edit Enumerations... still lacking a bit of features? Using 6.10H9 software version.

F1 Help even mentions Adrian example in red. :D

Couldn't figure out how to use them after adding for example day and month names in plain text, and/or sending/using them with DC.
PQatPIT

Re: Enumerations with c18xx displays

Postby adrian on Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:57 am

Thanks for picking that up, looks like they were waiting for some examples from me and the wrong version got put in the help...I'll get that fixed up.

As for how it works, it is most useful when you are importing dbc files. If your dbc file contains enumerations they will be automatically added to the list and linked with the channels you are receiving.

If you want to manually add enums you can do that too. At the moment it will only work with channels you create yourself. Previously with Dash Manager whenever you set up a channel (say as an input pin or a CAN receive) you had to select a channel from a pre-existing list, however now you can create your own channels. If you make this channel an Enum then you are able to select an Enumerator to be linked to it (see below).
Attachments
Enums.png
Enums.png (74.44 KiB) Viewed 5338 times
adrian
MoTeC

Return to Colour displays