M800 lambda question

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

M800 lambda question

Postby mr2daj on Sat May 19, 2018 9:38 am

So as I read it I have to purchase the lambda upgrade to be able to use a wideband with my m800. If thats true then I find it a bit sh*&y that an ECU of this caliber cant use a wideband out of the box. It's essential!

Anyway when I go to input setup I am able to change the settings to a wideband. does this mean I have the option or is there any way to check?

If I dont have the option would it be possible for me to use 2 external controllers with a 0-5v output? I only want to log lambda on each bank. not looking for any control.

Thanks, Dan
mr2daj

Re: M800 lambda question

Postby David Ferguson on Sat May 19, 2018 10:30 am

This sounds like a problem with whoever sold you the M800. As a dealer, we can order the units with the necessary options enabled, so when the customer installs it everything they need is ready to go (i.e. works out of the box). If you didn't need dual lambda at the time of initial installation, and now you do, you simply pay to have the option enabled.

As I mentioned in another post, when you connect to the ECU, before you open it, the options enabled are shows on the left side of the window in the MoTeC ECU Manager.

If you just want to hook up an existing Wideband controller (or 2) you already have, then wire it up, and configure the M800 to use it. I suggest that a wideband that sends it's data digitally over the CAN bus (such as the MoTeC PLM, LTC or even the AEM 30-310N) will work the best. It's just much more convenient to use the built-in wideband controller(s).
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby mr2daj on Sun May 20, 2018 12:02 am

I do not have lambda on the left when plugged in. can I still put the 0-5v signal from my widebands into la1 and la2 and use a custom calibration?

How much is the upgrade to twin wideband? The ECU was fitted as standard in the Ginetta G50. it is wired for narrowband but currently has no sensors installed but other Ginettas we look after do have them installed.

Thanks, Dan
AK Motorsport
mr2daj

Postby Blu302 on Sun May 20, 2018 11:58 am

Yes you can connect an external WBO2 to any 0-5v input.

The WBO2 upgrade allows the M800 to directly control the WBO2(heater and current pump) without any extra hardware.

You can also use CAN bus to connect to the PLM and have one on each cylinder if you want to go that far.

Blu302
BMW E46 M52TUB25 w/ cams, headers, exhaust, CAI
Blu302

Postby David Ferguson on Tue May 22, 2018 8:41 am

I don't know where you are located. But in the USA, the cost of the Dual Wideband Lambda Enable is $680. It can work with either Bosch LSU 4.2 or 4.9 sensors or the NTK sensors.

From reading the help, I don't believe you need to have the Wideband option to use narrow-band sensors - so that's probably what Ginetta has prepared for.

Oh, and FYI, according to the help, the LA1 & LA2 inputs can be used as voltage inputs if you wanted to use your existing wideband controllers.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs