Input pins setup

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Input pins setup

Postby Lorcan on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:58 pm

The wiring loom on our bike was done by an external company and I don't know how to add input pins for temperature. We have two assigned already for inlet temp and engine temp (AT1 and 2) but I know there are two more temperature sensors either side of the intercooler with no pins assigned. ECU Manager has buttons for "change" and "delete" but no button for "add". I know which pin numbers these sensors are connected to, how do I add them to the software?

Sorry for the noob question but I can't find this in the manual...
Attachments
input_pins.jpg
input_pins.jpg (89.54 KiB) Viewed 10318 times
Lorcan

Re: Input pins setup

Postby David Ferguson on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:09 pm

Choose the channel you want to configure -- either one of the pre-defined ones like Oil Temp, or change the name of one of the user channels under the user tab.

Click the Change button, and use the input source pop-up menue to select the AT input that your sensors are connected to. If you have the pin numbers, but don't know what the input is, use Help->Pin Numbers for a list
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Lorcan on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:09 pm

Thanks David. All my User channels are occupied, I have spare channels in the General tab but I can't change the calibration units - MAF for example is g/s and can't be changed as far as I can see?
Lorcan

Postby David Ferguson on Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:07 am

Well, could you use some of the EGT channels since they are temps?
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Lorcan on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:23 am

Looks like I can do that but I can't rename the channel to show what it actually is.
Lorcan

Postby David Ferguson on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:27 am

You can rename the channel in a comm-template if you are receiving it in a Dash/Logger. Also, you can use Channel Mappings in I2 to rename channels from logged name to the analysis name.

Are you sure that some of your user channels can't use any of the pre-defined channel names, allowing you to rename them for your purpose?

These are the types of issues that the M1 (and particularly the development package) solve.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs