DBW Gear shift

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Re: DBW Gear shift

Postby stevieturbo on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:48 am

oversteer wrote:How much power is this Subaru making ? What sort of retard level and or cut are you using ? RPM on shift ? Boost ?

The flat shift under low power is seemless, even with high power the shifting in the upper gears isn't so rough, its the launch hard wheel spin to 2nd and then to third that's violent no matter how hard you short shift.

I'm not just using Methanol injection, the engine runs on Methanol, has 2 x 2200cc injectors per cylinder and 2 x 2200cc injectors immediately post turbo for charge cooling.

I should have just set the car up with an intercooler....but this combo is just a temp measure until new engine/build is ready that should make 1500hp fly.

It does however work very well using Methanol for charge cooling, i know guys that are making very decent gains/times by turfing the IC and spraying meth.

No idea on power, it has run 8's, usually shifting around 8-8300rpm ( mild cams ).

100% fuel/spark cut and around 30deg retard ( ramp out time 40ms for these )

Huge difference perhaps though with all that methanol everywhere. This car uses no methanol, just regular injection ( 2 per cyl ) and intercooler.
stevieturbo

Postby oversteer on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Whats a shift sound like at WOT ?

E85 ?
oversteer

Postby stevieturbo on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:19 am

oversteer wrote:Whats a shift sound like at WOT ?

E85 ?

pm sent
stevieturbo

Postby Russ on Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:51 am

oversteer wrote:[just cutting fuel would also...and maybe det and melt stuff !

I wasn't comfortable using fuel cut either, but have been using it for a few years on 6-900 bhp applications without issues so far.

It definitely makes a big difference to the gearchange crack.
I'd seen the marks on the back of the inlet valves....
https://t.me/pump_upp
Russ

Previous

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs