Adding a Sensor & Injector Linearization Tables

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Adding a Sensor & Injector Linearization Tables

Postby Brody on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:35 am

Hello,

I'm part of an FSAE team this year and we are running a MoTeC M130 ECU with a C185 dash. I'm new to a standalone system like this and have some basic questions. First is just adding a sensor in general. Right now I have a full tune to work with from last years car but we are changing some things and adding some things. As a hypothetical, lets say I want to add a knock sensor. What is the best way to pull up the full list of sensors on the car now, where they are referenced and how to add a new one? It appears to me that I can only pick from a list of sensors instead of adding my own "custom" sensor? So let's say I want to add a knock sensor(which I am), what are the steps to do this? How do I tell the ecu what kind of sensor it is? How do I calibrate it( ex: 1v=20,000 hz) and how do I decide where to wire it into the ecu(if that matters)?

Next is the injector linearization tables. We are running different injectors in the car this year and I can't seem to find how to change the volume or where the linearization tables are in the calibration. If it's helpful to send someone a copy of the tune file let me know, I'm new to the forum and I'm not sure how things are usually done. Thanks in advance.
Brody

Re: Adding a Sensor & Injector Linearization Tables

Postby Stephen Dean on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:14 am

Hi Brody,

To get a list of what Resources are used on the M1, you go to Help | Firmware Wiring..., this will give you a list of all of the I/O that is being used, and the pin that it is connected to, it will not list the sensor that is used with that resource however. To find out which sensor is being used you need to go to each resource.

To change the injector characteristics, you select the injector that you are using from the drop down list, if the information is not there, you can organise to have the injector characterised by us through your local MoTeC Dealer.

For further information, the files that can be downloaded from the following links will answer all of your questions in further detail.

M1 Tune User Manual

M1 Training Notes

The M1 Training notes especially have answers to all of the questions that you have asked here.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Return to M1 ECUs