Fastest Lap TIme Channel

D153, D175, C125, C127, C185 and C187 forum

Fastest Lap TIme Channel

Postby David Ferguson on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:36 pm

The "Fastest Lap Time" channel (Created in Calculations->Lap Time and Number->Lap Time) seems to be persistent across venue changes, reference lap resets. It appears this channel was added as "fastest session lap time" in vers 5.81 - Dec 2015, I recently began adding it to my display creator configs, but it seems like it only goes down and never resets.

In the C185 Help for Lap Time and Number is missing any description of the Fastest Lap behavior.

How does it work? How to I reset it?
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Re: Fastest Lap TIme Channel

Postby the_bluester on Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:35 pm

From memory it is as you suggested, a fastest lap time in the current session. I have a condition generated to reset the session if the car stops moving for a period or power is removed.

I have to go out to the car to check that, looks like I have not got that config file here in the house and I would have to pull it out of the dash. It is 40 degrees (Celcius) out there!
the_bluester

Postby adrian on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:36 am

The 'Fastest Lap Time' is simply the fastest lap time the dash sees, it isn't related to the particular venue you are at.

To reset it you need to set the Lap Time reset condition.
adrian
MoTeC

Postby David Ferguson on Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:03 am

Right you are! I verified this behavior.

We have the Reset Laps Button as the Reset Lap TIme Condition -- but the customer wasn't using the Reset Laps Button...

Once he did that, it worked as expected.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby the_bluester on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:46 am

I used a condition based on the car being stopped (As I wrote before) to take the idiot (Me) factor out of it. It is long enough that having to briefly stop on track for some reason is unlikely to trigger it but the time taken to change drivers will. It is used to reset the lap counter as well.
the_bluester

Return to Colour displays