Gearbox reverse lockout Solenoid

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Gearbox reverse lockout Solenoid

Postby TUF-427 on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:42 pm

M130GPA, What’s the best way to implement a speed based reverse lockout solenoid, T56 and the like
Relay can only be energized when vehicle speed is zero.
Previously I’ve set these up as a brake pedal press supplying the 12v and Ecu seed based ground for relay activation.
TUF-427

Re: Gearbox reverse lockout Solenoid

Postby MarkMc on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:57 am

Hello,
If it is just an activation based on vehicle speed then we normally just use the Coolant Fan functions, there is 2 separate Coolant Fan functions available. Just set the temperature to low enough so the temperature activation is always on. The vehicle speed is the speed it must be below to activate, I would suggest something non-zero but very low like 1-2km/hr.
MarkMc

Re: Gearbox reverse lockout Solenoid

Postby TUF-427 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:18 pm

MarkMc wrote:Hello,
If it is just an activation based on vehicle speed then we normally just use the Coolant Fan functions, there is 2 separate Coolant Fan functions available. Just set the temperature to low enough so the temperature activation is always on. The vehicle speed is the speed it must be below to activate, I would suggest something non-zero but very low like 1-2km/hr.

Cheers thanks for that Mark, car only has one thermo fan so that will work well.

Regards
TUF-427

Return to M1 ECUs