motec c125 can configuration

D153, D175, C125, C127, C185 and C187 forum

motec c125 can configuration

Postby kamuto on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:35 am

hi, I have aftermarket ecu with some can adapter to connect to dash, dash is motec's c125,
ecu gives all data in 4 diferent ID's:
0x6f0
0x6f1
0x6f2
0x6f3
each id is carrying 4 parameters, I managed configure dash to get data from first ID, later managed get data from second ID but lost first one.. how I can configure it? it's compound message or what is the possible way to do it?
I have captured some of the can stream with motec can inspector attaching it here. needs to be renamed from zip to asc to review
Attachments
caninspector.zip
captured can stream
(11.33 KiB) Downloaded 938 times
kamuto

Re: motec c125 can configuration

Postby David Ferguson on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:54 am

Do you have documentation on what information is sent? Do you want someone to create the templates for you? Or could you look at an example a figure this out?

For an example of a simple messages to different CAN addresses, see if you have the template for Haltech ECu 0x0010, Haltech ECU 0x0011, etc.

I believe this is similar to what you need (change the address, channels, and use the "Save As..." button in the CAN Communication Setup window.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby kamuto on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:55 am

David Ferguson wrote:Do you have documentation on what information is sent? Do you want someone to create the templates for you? Or could you look at an example a figure this out?

For an example of a simple messages to different CAN addresses, see if you have the template for Haltech ECu 0x0010, Haltech ECU 0x0011, etc.

I believe this is similar to what you need (change the address, channels, and use the "Save As..." button in the CAN Communication Setup window.

thank you, yes I was looking at other ecu configs, but they mostly were compound ones and so on...
I know what data is coming, have managed to get it displayed properly, but only with simple recieve message, so I could get only one can ID at the time, ok, tomorrow will try to open haltech one and adjust it to my situation, thanks.
kamuto

Postby adrian on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:59 pm

If you can get the first message working correctly then you have the hard bit sorted.

Simply create a new receive template with the next address in the list and setup the channels as required. You have 4 different addresses being sent from the ECU so you should end up with 4 receive templates in the dash.
adrian
MoTeC

Postby kamuto on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:44 am

adrian wrote:If you can get the first message working correctly then you have the hard bit sorted.

Simply create a new receive template with the next address in the list and setup the channels as required. You have 4 different addresses being sent from the ECU so you should end up with 4 receive templates in the dash.

thank you guys, got it working, it was sooo simple..
kamuto

Return to Colour displays