M130 boost cut

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

M130 boost cut

Postby UAE on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:25 am

Hello all,
First of all I would like to thank Motec for this forum and the support it provides for all Motec users and racers. I have been using the old M800 series for a long time which I have been very happy with, even though The new M1 series are better it requires a lot of time to learn how to use it.
I have a car that I am running an M130 and I am starting to have these two issues.
1) Whenever I enable the boost control I get a boost cut once I am into boost! I have disabled all the limits but still with same results. If i disable the boost control the car runs great with no cut at all.
2) I cant have the Idle motor run more than 50% even though I keep raising the aim idle rpm? I have set up the maximum idle actuator solenoid to 100% but I cant get more than 50%?

I have attached my car file and hope to get some directions on what is going wrong.
UAE

Re: M130 boost cut

Postby Stephen Dean on Mon May 01, 2017 10:29 am

Hi,

The files didn't attach, can you please retry attaching it.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby UAE on Tue May 02, 2017 4:41 am

I am trying to attach the package but it gives me an error message " The extension m1pkg-archive is not allowed"!!
anything I am doing wrong, I tried looking for another available extension but there is non.
UAE

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue May 02, 2017 10:08 am

Hi,

I have just allowed those files to be uploaded, can you try again please.
Stephen Dean
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby UAE on Fri May 05, 2017 4:12 pm

Thank you Sdean it can be downloaded now..
Is there a way to change the various boost limits values from a percentage to t numbers? for example the engine boost limit, can it be entered as the desired number like for example 250kpa? I tried reading the help and the notes for the boost limits but its confusing it always talk about the percentage between the active and the aim main. Any idea what is the active boost? is it the current boost before reaching the aim boost?
I looked for a webinar regarding this but I only found webinar for the old hundreds series Motecs.
Attachments
GPA (M130) [01.02.0001, December 2014] 1FZ-FE.m1pkg-archive
(1.79 MiB) Downloaded 797 times
UAE

Postby Stephen Dean on Fri May 05, 2017 5:19 pm

Hi,

The first thing that you need to do is to talk to your dealer and organise to have the license in your M130 upgraded to the latest version of GPA. We have made a lot of improvements to the Package in the three years since the version that you are using was released. The process of migrating your Package up to the latest version will have to be done carefully to ensure that all of the settings migrate correctly.

December 2014 to July 2015 Migration Document

July 2015 to February 2016 Migration Document

The Boost limits are a percentage of the Boost Aim Main table, and the M1 will use the lowest value, so if you have a value of 0 in the boost setup, then you are going to have the M1 trying to cut boost when that condition is true.

If you were trying to run the engine with the boost settings that you have in the attached file, I can understand why you were getting a boost cut occurring. You have too many of the limits with a 0 value set, and it areas that you would normally expect the engine to operate in, such as Gear Boost Limit and Coolant Temperature Boost Limit. You also do not have the basic Boost Control settings setup correctly.

These are the settings that I have on my car for the Boost Control.

Boost Aim

Boost Control Feed Forward

With the Idle control, change the Idle Actuator Solenoid Inverting Output Frequency to 100Hz to match the Idle Actuator Solenoid Normal Output Frequency. If this is set to 0 then the output will act as a switched output, so when you have one side being PWM controlled and the other a switched control, the overall duty cycle will be 50%.

I advise that you download the training notes and have a read of the boost and Idle setup information.
http://www.motec.com.au/filedownload.php/2015%20DTC%20M1.pdf?docid=5084
Stephen Dean
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby UAE on Sat May 06, 2017 4:45 pm

Dear Sdean,

Thank you for you helpful information, the boost control is working as it should without the boost cut I was experiencing before, however the Idle control with the new setting still have the same issue with minor improvement which make me suspect its a mechanical issue rather than a siting issue that I will have to look at this week.
appreciate your help...
UAE

Return to M1 ECUs