ERROR REF NOISE TR

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Re: ERROR REF NOISE TR

Postby stevieturbo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:49 am

DOOREV800 wrote:
MarkMc wrote:Hello DOOREV800,
The rising or falling setting of the ECU must match the signal you have going into the ECU. The correct procedure is to just wire the sensor to the ECU, if it is a Magnetic sensor (two wire) then you can wire it whichever way suits you. Next you would crank the engine with ignition and injectors disconnected and use the ref/sync capture to get a view of the signals. The ref/sync capture tells you how to set the rising/falling ECU parameter. If you have a rising ref/sync capture trace then you set it to rising, if it is falling in the ref/sync capture trace you set it to falling. There is no need to "try" different settings this is why we have the ref/sync capture application.

Noise Tr, Noise Ar are just warnings to tell you that the filters you have set are doing their job. These warnings WILL NOT cause any miss reading of the ref and sync and therefore cause no misfire. They are good to keep an eye on but nothing to really stress about. If your rising and falling parameters are set correctly based on your ref/sync capture then you should not change them ever.

Thanks Mark,

another question, under ign type setting-fall or rise- does the ref signal matter in regards to this setting or is this setting apply only to the coil type? I am using a ls2 coil and it is set to fall trigger. So if its a falling ref signal does the this setting follow suit?

LS coils charge when 5v is applied and fire when it is removed. So it should be falling edge.

Getting this setting wrong can overdwell and burnout the coils.

The coil setting is independent from crank/cam trigger settings. They are not related.
stevieturbo

Postby DOOREV800 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:16 am

Thanks stevieturbo for answering my question!
DOOREV800

Re: ERROR REF NOISE TR-DOES NOT RUN!!!!!!

Postby DOOREV800 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:19 am

It fires but then stops... attached log file...any thoughts? I have a rpm spike UP TO 20,000 RPM! I am getting a over rpm diagnostic code as well...might have bad ref sensor or connection. it did run with the oem computer right before i made all the wiring connections so I suspect a wire problem possible...also I was only logging rpm at 5. I should have set to 200 hz because in some places i see the injector duty go to 110% but the rpm is not spiked at that moment. Thoughts??? quad 1 log shows lots of spikes. these are all cranking logs.I also attached my tune file. Any hepl would be much appreciated. I would like to see his thing run and am very close..
Attachments
GREG 2008 OUTLANDER 800 V-TWIN.e35
(72 KiB) Downloaded 791 times
QUAD 1.ld
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 822 times
QUAD 2.ld
(246.74 KiB) Downloaded 790 times
Last edited by DOOREV800 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:09 am, edited 7 times in total.
DOOREV800

Postby DOOREV800 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:24 am

attached is ref/sync captures. Do these look ok?
Attachments
TRY 3 REF.zip
(20.92 KiB) Downloaded 765 times
QUAD REF.zip
(23.65 KiB) Downloaded 795 times
DOOREV800

Postby DOOREV800 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:05 pm

Well we don't have to worry about the above because I finally got it running! Turns out I had the setting for ref/sync mode wrong. I was set to mode number 7 which is 36-2 but I used mode 68 which is basically the same but slightly different and it fired right up. So all is well now. On to tuning it. Thanks everyone for the help!
DOOREV800

Postby MarkMc on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:26 pm

Hello,
Mode 68 is not correct for your ref/sync trace, mode 7 is. Please do not get fooled into just changing ref/sync modes until something happens, you set the parameters correctly and work out the other issues. Mode 68 is when the sync tooth edge happens in the middle of the missing tooth gap, using this mode when the sync is not in the right place will cause other issues.

You need to go back to mode 7 and sort out the issues with the other parameters. The number of teeth is 36, the ref edge is falling the sync edge can be falling or rising but i would choose rising myself.
MarkMc

Postby DOOREV800 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:18 am

I tried mode 68 because it is what is set on my m400 plug n play kit you offer for my ski-doo 3 cyl 1200. So being that my quad is a BRP product and uses all the same sensors and exact 36-2 tooth flywheel I gave it a shot and it fired right up and is currently running perfect with no diag codes set.... I agree that it should be a mode 7 by description but it just wont run. I have a timing light on it while cranking in mode 7 and it sparks then stops then kicks back in again. It also sets a over rpm code. I attached a log of mode 7 previously.I then just change to mode 68 and it fires right up? I will try again as you recommended but as of right now it seems to be running 100% Here is a log of mode 68 and it running. I did not take a ref/syc capture on my snowmobile to see where the sync is but not sure what to say a this time..
Attachments
QUAD RUNNING 3.ld
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 781 times
DOOREV800

Postby DOOREV800 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:22 am

[quote="MarkMc"]Hello,
Mode 68 is not correct for your ref/sync trace, mode 7 is. Please do not get fooled into just changing ref/sync modes until something happens, you set the parameters correctly and work out the other issues. Mode 68 is when the sync tooth edge happens in the middle of the missing tooth gap, using this mode when the sync is not in the right place will cause other issues.

You need to go back to mode 7 and sort out the issues with the other parameters. The number of teeth is 36, the ref edge is falling the sync edge can be falling or rising but i would choose rising myself.[/quote

I believe my ref edge is rising? Here is my rec capture
Attachments
TRY 3 REF.zip
(20.92 KiB) Downloaded 798 times
DOOREV800

Postby adrian on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:47 pm

Your ref signal is definitely falling. You want the edge that passes through 0V sharply, the rising edge floats around 0V for a period of time at the point of the missing teeth.
adrian
MoTeC

Postby DOOREV800 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:55 am

Well not sure what to say,,, but i tried getting it going in mode 7 and no go even with all the suggested settings. I switch to mod 68 and it runs perfect. I can tune and timing is spot on when checking crip; no diag codes at all?? Is my sync signal too close to the gap?
DOOREV800

PreviousNext

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs