r6 auto blip quickshifter

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

r6 auto blip quickshifter

Postby r6rh on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:11 pm

Hi there i have a yamaha r6 with m800 motec fully enabled ect ,i have been using a powercommander quickshifter which is just a simple switch for gearchange ignition cut (flat shift/full throttle shifting). but now i would like to do auto blip. The mapping is setup for it ,and have bought a quickshifter/strain guage(cordona ) that should work but now i have it im not so sure... it has 3 wires one to 12 v one to 0v and there is one that does either 5v for down shift or 0v for upshift.Is it possible to configure this to work or do i have to get another sort and what do i do about setting logic on the same pin ect for the trigger wire(0/5v) and what function/pin to i set it to?any tips or info would be great
r6rh

Re: r6 auto blip quickshifter

Postby David Ferguson on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:12 am

If your sensor is a real strain gage, then the output will be an analog signal that varies depending upon the direction of force.
You basically setup up Gear Change Ignition Cut to have the Cut Source use the Gear Shift Force Channel. You then set Gear Cut Force Low or Gear Cut Force High depending the force calibration.

Calibrate the Gear Shift Force so that the resting position is 0, and one direction (compression or tension) positive, and the opposite negative. You can calibrate it in actual units (Newtons or Pounds Force), or just +.-100% of the maximum force it can measure.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby AlanB on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:15 pm

As David said, we normally recommend a proper load cell quickshifter as it gives you the ability to tune the force thresholds. At MoTeC Europe we supply a sensor specifically for motorcycle use, selling many of these into the British Superbike Championship. I have uploaded the data sheet for you to have a look at.
Attachments
79104 Motorcycle Quickshift Load Cell.pdf
(70.22 KiB) Downloaded 1024 times
Alan Bell
MoTeC Europe Ltd
AlanB

Postby r6rh on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:37 pm

Thankyou for the replies guys ,i appreciate the effort. I will try do some more research on the sensor though i have my doubts about it now ... it was advertised as a strain guage that will do autoblip with motec /magneti but it sounds like i need the motec one .i think ive got the idea on how to calibrate and configure it too ,thanks again.
r6rh

Postby David Ferguson on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:42 pm

I did research after posting, your ASG (Analog Strain Gauge) is very similar the the MoTeC one and should be able to work just fine.

Go for it!
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby r6rh on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:48 am

hi there ,i did some work with the quick shifter and i ave it all setup through av8 and it quickshifts on up shift but i havent got it blipping on downshift , im not too sure why i think its all setup right but the gear detection isnt working on my bike as the calibration isnt right would you (alan ) know the calibration setup the wheel speeds are calinbrated and setup.i tried making a site with 0 as a gear and the auto blip times ect.i think the sensor is good /reading like a motec one any ideas?/things to try
r6rh

Postby David Ferguson on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:43 am

How is your blipper activated? To you have an air or electric solenoid? Or does the R6 have Drive-By-Wire throttles?

Either zip up your configuration file and post it here, or tell us more details on how your blipper is wires / configured.

If you don't have some way to activate a blip, the Gear Force Sensor only indicates that a downshift is in progress. You will still need to add something capable of manipulating the throttle to provide a blip.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby AlanB on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:44 pm

Here is an M800 file which shows how to set up the downshift blip functionality in the Gear Shift strategy.

There isn't much to set up, so if you are still having problems then share your file and we can have a look.
Attachments
Downshift Blip Example.e35
(72 KiB) Downloaded 953 times
Alan Bell
MoTeC Europe Ltd
AlanB

Postby r6rh on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:17 pm

Here is my map .I think its either in the quickshifter setup /calibration or gear detection ,so I changed 1st to 0 as the gear detection isn't setup/working ,also the auto tune isn't working ,but I tune from data anyhow.any ideas would be appreciated.also I don't get a downshift status alert only for upshift ,but I can see the voltages are around 1.3 on downshift 2.3/2.5 resting 3.5 on upshift, if I go to a 8 or 12 volt supply I should get a bigger difference (at the moment its to 5v).thanks again
Last edited by r6rh on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
r6rh

Postby David Ferguson on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:50 am

What is the throttle position when the downshift blips don't occur. I see you have the Down Maximum Throttle position set to 8. If the Throttle Position is greater than that then the downshift / blip won't occur.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Next

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs