M130 with Jenvey DBW

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Re: M130 with Jenvey DBW

Postby Stephen Dean on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:08 am

As David said,

I would start by swapping the DBW motors polarity, the motor should drive to a closed position on startup to set the zero correctly, and it will trip out if the sensors read the wrong direction.

The main voltage going High to Low and vice versa on the tracking is not a concern, some OEM DBW throttles do this as well. the important thing is that they retain a linear trace, and the relationship between the two remains consistent.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby yorl on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:54 am

Thanks for looking at it. Massive slip up from me setting up throttle position sensors... late night. Anyway, I went through all the setup and corrected that. Now they're all referenced from the right 5V output, and I swapped the main and tracking just in case. I also reversed polarity in the DBW unit. 0 difference. As soon as I touch the throttle pedal I get the AIM tracking error, while PPS and TPS diagnostic show ok.
Attachments
S1_#3385_20170306_125308.ld
(2.17 MiB) Downloaded 791 times
yorl

Postby David Ferguson on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:11 am

Since the Throttle Servo Bank 1 Diagnostic indicates "Power Save", when you try the pedal -- perhaps you want to disable that by setting it to zero. I seemed to remember I had a problem when testing with the engine not running. The throttle would stop working when the Power Save time was exceeded. At first I made it larger (30 sec), but later set it to zero while testing...
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby yorl on Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:16 am

Set it to zero, still nothing...
yorl

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi yori,

When you swapped the Main and Tracking Resources, did you also redo the Main and Tracking Scale and Offsets?
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby yorl on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:15 am

Yes, redid them. When I move it by hand, both PPS and TPS show diagnostic OK. But then... AIM tracking fault again
yorl

Postby David Ferguson on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:05 am

Have you been able to try the test mode? I would start with 10% aim and static test. It should move to the 10% once you press the pedal.

Change your live graph to show Throttle Servo Bank 1 Position Sensor Main and Tracking % on the same graph with the same scale. Since I was using a non-linear table, I also put TSB1PS Tracking Nonlinear and made sure each had a differnet color so that I could see when the were not identical. Use the Online->Pause Telemetry Display (short cut T), then move the cursor back and see how close the two values were over the complete range. You must have a difference if you are getting a Aim Tracking Error..

As a cheat, try changing your Linerasation Table to have the value 99 in the 100 column. This will force only one sensor to be used for throttle position. Does the throttle move then in test mode?

After reversing the motor polarity did you confirm that it resets to 0 now instead of moving to full open?
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Previous

Return to M1 ECUs