M800 for evo vII

Covers current and earlier Subaru and Mitsubishi Plug-In systems

M800 for evo vII

Postby Kemoly on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:21 am

hello people im from Lima Peru and i have an Evo VII with an M800 plug and play !!
i dont have the cable to wire the ecu to my computer
somebody has it and want to sell????

i think i spoke in chinesse cuz nobody said nothing !!!! thanks anyway :(

i god another question and i hope somebody has the answer ... is there any way to programm my motec for high speed i mean to get the mix richer in high speeds like two kind of set ups , one for the street and one for the highway cuz last week i blew my engine for being at 270 km more than 2 minutes and when i opened the engine the rods were blue and the number 3 forged piston had a hole the size of a penny :lol: fu#%@^g motec !!
Kemoly

Re: M800 for evo vII

Postby RossB on Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:02 am

Hello Kemoly,
You should have a small length of wire hanging out of the ECU enclosure with a round 5 pin connector on it. If this isn't there you will need to buy MoTeC Part # 61046 OEM-CAN Loom. To connect to this you need a MoTeC UTC, Part # 61059. You can purchase these from a MoTeC dealer. There is no dealer in Peru but you could contact a dealer in Argentina or Brazil.

Your M800 ECU is capable of being tuned to suit all conditions and is also capable of having up to 4 configurations installaed to suit different conditions/uses /fuels etc. Your engine failure is not the fault of the M800 but it should be possible to have the M800 set up to prevent this from happening. This needs to be done by a competent engine tuner and preferably someone with experience of tuning these engines. There are also other important factors that can contribute to this type of failure such as fuel delivery, fuel quality and spark plugs etc. The logging in the ECU may help to identify the cause of the failure, it could be worthwhile downloading it.
RossB

Postby PeteS on Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:16 am

Hello Kemoly
Wow, hole in the piston. Thats no good.
Sounds like a classic case of detonation.
Its likley the engine had an inapropriate amount of ign timing for the conditions it was being operated in.
Detonation could have occured for many different reasons, from simply some incorrect settings in an air temp comp table or particularly poor fuel quality to things like wrong plugs as Ross mentioned.
One feature that is available in the M800 V3 software is a wide open throttle timer.
This can be configured onto both a fuel and ign compensation.
So in the case where you choose to hold the engine under full power for long periods of time, ign timing can be progressively removed, the longer you hold it flat the more timing you can program to come out of the engine, similarly fuel can be added to help cool off combustion chamber temperatures. With this style feature you can run an aggressive ign and fuel map for short bursts of power, but retain safety if you are going to hold it flat.
Ultimately our closed loop knock control system can be calibrated to your engine protecting it from ongoing detonation.
MoTeC Research Centre, Melbourne Australia
PeteS
MoTeC

Postby Dragon on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:35 pm

It sounded like a tuning file problem rather than an ECU problem.
You should talk to the guy who tuned your car about the problem you had.
The tuning file on your ECU is probably locked by your tuner anyway. Having an UTC may not help.

Speaking Chinese is not a problem on this forum. We have quite a Chinese audience around.

Merry Christmas!
Dragon

Postby Kemoly on Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:36 pm

Thank guys for all your replies !!!
im getting my engine back together and soon i will have my maps and set ups in my laptop for all you to see !!!
if anyone wants to come visit machu pichu you can stay in my house and also help me with my maps lol :lol:
i think that if i god a knock sensor this should not happen again ... (opinons?)

anyway like patrick bateman will said : have a jolie holly christmas !!!!

PD: the plugs i was using were NGK R BR8ES
Kemoly

Postby Kemoly on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:26 am

Here are some shots I took of the carnage.....

Notice the blue "overheated" of the connecting rod, this is from the forging proccess or it did overheat??!?

Kemoly

Postby Kemoly on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:51 am

Hey Ross how are you ???
Did you see the pics a post ????
notice the blue in the Rods !!!

Dont you wanna take some vacations and take a trip to Peru??? :roll:
Kemoly

Postby stevieturbo on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:17 am

Thats plain and simple bad tuning, along with a little driver abuse lol

get it tuned properly, and you shouldnt have such problems. Although holding a car flat out for 2 mins is a long time !!!
stevieturbo

Postby mhd on Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:26 pm

That what happen (pistone side hole) with Evo when engine detonation occur and you still keep pushing hard
M.Olabi
ProRacing Co.
mhd

Postby RossB on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:11 am

Sorry for the delayed response. Have you got the engine back together yet? The failure looks pretty comprehensive. Do you have a log file from this and the ECU configuration?
RossB

Next

Return to M800 Plug-In ECUs