Any chance for a Rolling Anti-Lag feature in GPR?

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Any chance for a Rolling Anti-Lag feature in GPR?

Postby DentGuy on Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:10 am

Just wondering if there were any plans to release a Rolling Anti-Lag feature in any future updates to GPR. Or is there a way in the current GPR to make the anti-lag use current rpm, instead of a fixed rpm target?

Thank you

Bob
DentGuy

Re: Any chance for a Rolling Anti-Lag feature in GPR?

Postby Ben-S on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:35 pm

I have a partner package available that has a good rolling antilag and many other features for near the same cost if you haven't already purchased your package. You could also upgrade and get I believe 80% of your original package price back if you already have GPR.
Ben-S

Postby David Ferguson on Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:35 pm

I think the upgrade credit only works with MoTeC Packages. I also created a partner package and was expecting to upgrade my customer from GPA, and instead had to sell a new license.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Ben-S on Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:29 am

I had wondered about that. I haven't run into that yet as I've only sold development ecu's or my own partner packages but that's unfortunate.
Ben-S

Postby DentGuy on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:47 am

Does anyone from MoTeC have any insight on this feature? If it is something that will never be offered I may need to start looking into a partner package.
DentGuy

Postby Ryan on Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:06 am

DentGuy wrote:Does anyone from MoTeC have any insight on this feature? If it is something that will never be offered I may need to start looking into a partner package.

Im in the same boat hoping for this feature. I found this info on the R35 forum hopefully with part of the work done it could be implemented into the GPR package.

DarrenR, on 02 March 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:
When you're driving at a constant speed and press the button, the anti lag works for a rolling launch by retarding and/or cutting ignition while opening the throttle to let more air through. The cut and retard levels are set on 2 tables with throttle pedal and engine speed, so if setup correctly you can still modulate your speed with the pedal with the pedal altering the cut/retard to give you more or less torque. The throttle at this point is controlling the air flow through the engine to a torque level that will be available the moment you press the throttle. You can modulate the hit of torque by how fast you press the throttle when you want to go as to not shock the driveline or break traction.
The issue with holding it on launch is heating the turbos, but there are time limits and temperature cut offs if you hold it too long.
You could also apply a small amount of brake at this time also which will help load the driveline and then you won't need as much ignition cut/retard which will share the load of wasting the energy to spool the turbos.
There are lots of settings to control the anti lag and you can set it up how you like!

Darren.
Ryan

Postby DarrenR on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:25 am

The antilag in GPR is almost identical to in the GT-R package so yes it can be setup for rolling anti-lag as I had described on another forum.
It does not closed loop control engine speed so when it's activated which you can do with a switch, it simply applies the Throttle Aim (for DBW), ignition timing, ignition cut and fuel cut set in the anti lag tables. You can vary these all these parameters individually based on Throttle Pedal Position and Engine Speed and it's how these are tuned allows the flexibility of traditional anti lag on overrun, rolling launch, or even a flame show while stationary.
Darren Reynolds
MoTeC Research Centre - Melbourne, Australia.
DarrenR
MoTeC

Return to M1 ECUs