Drive By Wire

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Drive By Wire

Postby holographicpencil on Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:40 pm

Hello Everyone,

Putting a M400 onto our Suzuki Swift ZC31S with a M16A engine. This is the first time I have ever worked with MoTeC Ecu's.

Slowly getting there with all the setup however having some trouble with the DBW. I have paid and unlocked DBW functionality and have setup all the sensors and PID loop information as supplied by MoTeC. Have got all four sensors calibrated and reading correctly however the throttle plate doesn't have any drive and therefore will not move.

When I put my foot on the throttle pedal the throttle position required moves up accordingly but the throttle makes no effort to move from its rest position. Have triple checked all wiring not that there is much to check and there is no drive voltage present coming out of the Ecu.

Have I missed a setting somewhere where I need to enable servo drive? I'm not sure if its relevant but if I go to test outputs and test the throttle body output nothing happens.

Would very much appreciate any ideas or solutions that anyone can offer.

Kind Regards,
Jack
holographicpencil

Re: Drive By Wire

Postby David Ferguson on Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:16 am

I think you will need to post more information on your wiring for folks to help. Do you understand how the factory connects and controls the throttle actuators? How about a pin-list showing what is connected to what?

You will also need to either upload your configuration, or supply info on the settings for the Drive By Wire function, specifically the Motor Volts, and contents of the Position Translation table.

Do you have Aux1 setup as Drive by Wire Function and Aux2 as Drive by Wire Idle Function?
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Scott@FP on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:39 am

Sounds like motor - and motor + are backwards.

aux 1 is motor -
Scott@FP

Postby holographicpencil on Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:14 am

Hey there,

Thanks for your reply's,

I have triple checked that the motor isn't connected to the Ecu backwards. The wiring is quite simple with just the two wires going directly from the Ecu to the throttle. As there is no voltage present at any stage on these wires I'm thinking I must be missing a setting. Have included the file that I am using.

Kind Regards,
Jack
Attachments
FTT823.e35
(72 KiB) Downloaded 1058 times
holographicpencil

Postby stevieturbo on Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:53 am

Surely there needs to be more than 2 wires from ecu to throttle ?

There would be more sensors for position feedback alone nevermind actually driving the motor open/closed ?
stevieturbo

Postby holographicpencil on Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:48 pm

Yes, There is two position sensors on the throttle body and two sensors in the accelerator pedal.

For anyone interested, This problem was solved by Mark at the always helpful motec support center. In this case the 'period' parameter was incorrectly set resulting in the servo having no drive.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Jack
holographicpencil

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs