PDM 15 and Haltech ECU

Discussion and support for MoTeC Power Distribution Modules

PDM 15 and Haltech ECU

Postby the_bluester on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:11 am

I have asked a similar in the colour displays area (If a C127 could be configured to display CAN data from a Haltech ECU) but after an answer there I could not readily work out in the PDM manager software if there is similar functionality.

The background is a track car currently fitted with a Haltech E11 ECU and Racepak IQ3 dash. The dash has always been a bit of a problem child and the ECU is getting on and I am up against some limitations that it imposes. I am looking at a refresh of the in car electronics but budget reasons dictate that it will be over a couple of years.

The first item to get the refresh would be the dash, but I am considering a power control upgrade after that (Currently switches, relays and fuses) and then finally the ECU. The question is, is it possible to configure a PDM (PDM15 most likely) to generate operations based on the CAN data output of a Haltech ECU in a similar way to the C127 can be, such as oil cooler fan control?

In the case of the dash there are pre configured templates including the Haltech CAN V1 data set but it does not appear as simple in the PDM software.
the_bluester

Re: PDM 15 and Haltech ECU

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Hi,

We don't have the CAN templates for other ECU's for the PDM's they would have to be custom made. This is not a difficult process if you understand how bits and bytes work. I have attached a base M800 CAN receive template for the PDM that you can have a quick look at for an idea of how the messaging is done, and if you compare it with the Dash templates then you should be able to work it out from there.
Attachments
M800 PDM CAN.pdm
(24.67 KiB) Downloaded 1067 times
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Re: PDM 15 and Haltech ECU

Postby the_bluester on Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:19 pm

Terrific thanks Stephen, just so long as I know it is possible I am fine after that. I don't work as one any more but I by training I am a tech with a reasonable bit of data comms experience among other things so bits and bytes don't overly worry me.

If it can be built up then I am happy to work it out.

Paul.
the_bluester

Return to PDM15 PDM16 PDM30 and PDM32