GPR sampling rates vs logging ability?

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

GPR sampling rates vs logging ability?

Postby mk e on Fri May 08, 2015 1:13 am

I'm a little slow at times (pun intended) so it just occurred to me that logging a sensor faster than it's updating is pretty pointless....is there an easy way to see what the sampling rates are for everything in the GPR package?
mk e

Re: GPR sampling rates vs logging ability?

Postby mk e on Sat May 09, 2015 12:37 am

mk e wrote:I'm a little slow at times (pun intended) so it just occurred to me that logging a sensor faster than it's updating is pretty pointless....is there an easy way to see what the sampling rates are for everything in the GPR package?

Or maybe it doesn't matter and the system is setup so the logging rate IS the sampling rate?
mk e

Postby Ben-S on Sun May 10, 2015 10:17 am

mk e wrote:
mk e wrote:Or maybe it doesn't matter and the system is setup so the logging rate IS the sampling rate?

The sample rates are set in Build so that's not the case. If you look at the project your package is based on in build you can see the maximum sample rate. You could also change the sample rate if you had a development license.

There may be a way in Tune to look up the sample rate of each channel but I haven't noticed it yet. I'll take a look through next time im in the software. It would certainly make sense that it would tell you right in the log setup screen but from memory I don't think it does.
Ben-S

Postby AlanB on Mon May 11, 2015 9:15 pm

Tune will not allow you to log a channel faster than its update rate, you will get a warning message if you try.

It will let you log at rates below the ECU update rate providing the update rate is evenly divisible by the log rate you want to use ie if the ECU update rate is 500hz then you can log at 500hz, 100hz or 50hz but not at 200hz.

Best regards.
Alan Bell
MoTeC Europe Ltd
AlanB

Postby mk e on Mon May 11, 2015 10:49 pm

Thanks.
mk e

Return to M1 ECUs