Aristo 2JZ-GTE VVTi M800

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Aristo 2JZ-GTE VVTi M800

Postby UAE on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:19 pm

Hope all are doing well and I thank you all for the shared knowledge in this forum. Before I go into my inquiry I just want to give a small introduction about myself. I live in the United Arab Emirates and I have been tuning cars as a hoppy for a sometime but quit a couple of years because of life demanding priorities (family and work) but couldn’t stop myself from car modification and upgrading, guess I am addicted to it that’s why I couldn’t keep my Nissan 300zx as OEM car and ending up having a Motec on it.
The Issue that I have is I have installed a Motec M800 on a 2JZ-GTE before and it worked fine and now I need to install a Motec M800 for a friend of mine (can't say no to him) on a Toyota Aristo that has the 2JZ-GTE VVTi engine. I understand that the crank wheel is different since the VVTi one has 36-2 wheel. My questions is regarding the Sync sensor and the vvti activation. Should I use one of the Motec OEM Ref/Sync sensor preset setups? there are two setups that I thought might work, there is on for the Lexus IS300 and there is another one for a Toyota engines that has similar Ref and Sync setup as the 2jz VVTI 36-2 Ref and the 3 cam teeth, Which one should I use?.
Also I have been wondering since the cam Sync sensor is on the VVTi cam wouldn't that change the cam position when the VVTi turn on and off thus changing the TDC from the ECU stand point? Or I don’t need to worry about that?
It would be a time saver if someone can share a file for this with us ..
Best Regards
UAE

Re: Aristo 2JZ-GTE VVTi M800

Postby Scott@FP on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:49 am

If your ref signal is a missing tooth configuration on the crankshaft, the sync signal is tied to the ref index tooth (first active tooth edge after the missing tooth), not between individual ref teeth, so there is a lot of leeway for VVT cam motion with no ref/sync issues. TDC (and crip) is also calculated from the ref index tooth and should not move.

Can't help you with specific Toyota/Lexus modes, sure someone here can.
Scott@FP

Postby PQatPIT on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:57 am

Mode 33 ie Lexus IS300 is correct one.
PQatPIT

Postby xgrapher on Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:10 am

I've got an M84 on a 2JZGTE not VVTi but I've installed a 36-2 wheel.

Tried using 33 and 28, swapped the front and rear cam sensors, changed trigger edges like a million times. Crip was degreed to almost every degree. With all these different combinations. It don't want to start.

Yes, I'm sure the wiring is correct because it runs on Mode 8, which forces it to run semi-sequential.

Can you guys forward me a startup file for 36-2 2jz
xgrapher

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs