Fuel Consumption

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Fuel Consumption

Postby AJSG on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:46 pm

If I wanted to log/display fuel consumption in a usual metric say as miles/per gallon or litres/100km how would I do this? Is there a specific fuel flow sensor I could use?

Thanks.
AJSG

Re: Fuel Consumption

Postby esaatetesta on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:18 am

Hi,

Looks like it would require a custom package and would have to be calculated from the current speed or distance traveled. I'll take a look how it could be implemented.
esaatetesta

Postby AJSG on Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:14 am

Can you do it in "maths" using Injector Duty cycle and Fuel Pressure?
AJSG

Postby Scott@FP on Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:44 am

Effective PW and RPM, plus distance if you want L/Km or MPG. Unless you have a variable pressure drop across the injector you won't need fuel pressure, just need to know how many grams/cc's of fuel per mS effective PW at that pressure drop. You could do multiple maths, total volume consumption since start, per lap, distance/volume, etc. To make it more accurate you'd also want fuel temp at the injector.
Scott@FP

Postby AJSG on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:06 pm

I've got a GPS module, so in theory I could calculate distance travelled from the last time I uploaded the logs.

Anyone know what the formula would look like?

Thanks.
AJSG

Postby Dantla on Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:28 am

Hi,

I'd like to print the fuel consumption as well. Actually M1 tune already shows the Fuel Volume in uL and Vehicle Speed (km/h) would ba available as well. But how can I add a new channel that calculates the fuel consumption? Did you find out something?

Thanks!
Dantla

Return to M1 ECUs