PDM30: hardware revision, updating manager / firmware

Discussion and support for MoTeC Power Distribution Modules

PDM30: hardware revision, updating manager / firmware

Postby hunde on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:24 am

Hello all.

I'm (hopefully) finishing up a system with a PDM 30 (and RaceGrade 15 button keypad & gateway) that was purchased / initially installed fall 2013. I just now learned that later PDM Manager versions (currently on 1.5) and firmware versions exist, and that they address some issues / components in this system - mainly wiper control, HID headlights and keypad management.

According to version notes and help notes, some of these features are only available with hardware revision 2.0 on. Can our hardware revision be identified with the following info - SN 12102, Hardware Number 0x11020002, and Firmware 1.50G? If not, how can I determine it?

If I am able to update everything, will it be necessary to (or can I) remove the RaceGrade keypad gateway to enable keypad management? This may help de-bug some odd keypad behavior we are having with one of our configs. I may be re-writing the config from scratch to get rid of these bugs, and I'd definitely like to do it with these new features incorporated into it!

Thank you for your help!

Cheers,

Thomas Epley
WORKS Motorsports
Sonoma Raceway
hunde

Re: PDM30: hardware revision, updating manager / firmware

Postby David Ferguson on Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:32 pm

You should contact your MoTeC dealer, or Simon Wagner at MoTeC USA who can help you with this.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby hunde on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:23 pm

Hi David. I emailed all my contacts at MoTeC USA this weekend, including Simon who is out of the office. I expect to hear back this week, but if I were to get an answer sooner I could start working in the correct direction..

Cheers,

Tom
hunde

Postby ShaunF on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:44 pm

hunde wrote:Can our hardware revision be identified with the following info - SN 12102, Hardware Number 0x11020002, and Firmware 1.50G?

Unfortunately, from the hardware number I can tell you will not be able to to perform Linked Output wiper control with that PDM. Configurable bitrate support will depend on your boot loader version (the software will let you know if you can't), but otherwise you should be able to upgrade and take advantage of other functionality, including keypad support.

Shaun
ShaunF

Postby hunde on Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:04 am

Thank you Shaun. James from MoTeC east also confirmed this, and we determined that for this application / config, it isn't worth going through the trouble of direct keypad connection, especially since I would need to send the keypad in to be re-flashed and my timeline won't allow that.

On the next build, hopefully there will be a next, I will definitely go with the added functionality...

Cheers,

Tom
hunde

Return to PDM15 PDM16 PDM30 and PDM32