Progressive Nitrous control setup

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Re: Progressive Nitrous control setup

Postby Brad on Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:29 pm

I've run two motorcycles for three years on 3 progressive stages of Motec fired nitrous in a drag race environment with varying levels of success.Nitrous is very application specific 100bhp on a 100bhp engine has vastly different requirements to 250bhp on a 500bhp for example requiring different ignition retards etc.
The type of things to consider are if the nitrous is pulsed the engine still gets bursts of the FULL kit power in your case 250bhp so although your low power level maybe 30% of 250bhp ie 75bhp you cannot use the timing you may use with 75bhp full power kit .A similar thing applies for the fueling(if you are using the injectors for the extra fuel).On a drag motorcycle with a short header that has no silencing a 150bhp progressive hit can even be heard as it progresses through.
I've used WON solinoids in the drag race applications with a frequency of 15hz and have found them to open at 20% in the main when measured on a dyno.On a bike I did for Bonneville this year I used NOS power shot soli's and they worked fine too.I've dyno tested a quite a few bikes with cheater soli's and the bigger NOS soli's and they have normally opened at 40%.
Brad

Previous

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs