saving all info from m800 to computer

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

saving all info from m800 to computer

Postby suzukidude87 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:36 pm

Hello all, I have purchased a bike with a m800, at this point I know very little about it. Before I start making changes of any sort id like to store everything that is in the m800 now. Any quick way to do this?
suzukidude87

Re: saving all info from m800 to computer

Postby stevieturbo on Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:25 am

stevieturbo

Postby suzukidude87 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Definitely need this manual. Thanks !
suzukidude87

Postby AdamW on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:44 pm

You will need a UTC (USB to CAN adapter) to talk to the ecu. Connect PC, turn on ignition, then open up ECU manager. ECU manager should pop up with a message that says something like "there is no matching file on the pc, do you wish to save..." You can then choose a file name and save location for your map. That config file is really all you need.
If the ECU has data logging enabled it may also be a good idea to try a data unload as well since there could be data reamianing in there from its last outing. Sometimes it can be helpful to have an old log to compare if you have any problems etc.
Motorsport Electronics Ltd.
AdamW
Pro User

Postby suzukidude87 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:34 pm

AdamW wrote:You will need a UTC (USB to CAN adapter) to talk to the ecu. Connect PC, turn on ignition, then open up ECU manager. ECU manager should pop up with a message that says something like "there is no matching file on the pc, do you wish to save..." You can then choose a file name and save location for your map. That config file is really all you need.
If the ECU has data logging enabled it may also be a good idea to try a data unload as well since there could be data reamianing in there from its last outing. Sometimes it can be helpful to have an old log to compare if you have any problems etc.

Thanks for your help, data logging is enabled, so I will save whats there, im told I will need to buy a password for reading my air fuel ratio soon, I guess it was free for a short period of time. Any idea of the cost for that password upgrade?
suzukidude87

Postby AdamW on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:20 am

Yes, I think the lambda is enabled for the first 6 hours of engine run time, after that period expires you will need the upgrade code.
The single lambda upgrade is around USD$600 depending on which country you are in etc. Here's an example:
http://johnreedracing.com/mx00-option-codes/
AdamW
Pro User

Postby Hoolio on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:32 pm

My understanding is that you don't need to purchase the lambda upgrade to control a lambda sensor and read lambda values; only to run closed loop lambda control.
Hoolio

Postby AdamW on Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:35 pm

Hoolio wrote:My understanding is that you don't need to purchase the lambda upgrade to control a lambda sensor and read lambda values; only to run closed loop lambda control.

Incorrect. If you use a LTC or third party lambda controller you can use the lambda functions without the "lambda upgrade", but if you want to connect a lambda sensor via the built in controller you need the upgrade.
AdamW
Pro User

Postby suzukidude87 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:15 pm

AdamW wrote:
Hoolio wrote:My understanding is that you don't need to purchase the lambda upgrade to control a lambda sensor and read lambda values; only to run closed loop lambda control.

Incorrect. If you use a LTC or third party lambda controller you can use the lambda functions without the "lambda upgrade", but if you want to connect a lambda sensor via the built in controller you need the upgrade.

Thanks
suzukidude87

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs