Launch Control M800

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Re: Launch Control M800

Postby Scott@FP on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:39 am

Try using ground speed in the Y axis and turn off LC at the top of 1st gear via max speed.

If the vehicle has a long. G sensor for the ACD/AYC using the G sensor for launch control timer activation can work better than a clutch based switch on surfaces with more grip that the driver tends to modulate the clutch more during launch.
Scott@FP

Postby MarkMc on Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:06 pm

You really shouldn't be using the Launch control past first gear, realistically if you are still wheel spinning into second gear you need to use Slip Control.
MarkMc

Postby Raheel Farouk on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi

I am trying to wire a switch to turn launch control on/off. But when I go into the digital input function selection there is no option for launch control. But there is an option for traction control. I don't have traction control setup. I only want launch control. Will selecting the traction control function turn on lauch control on/off? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Raheel Farouk

Postby Raheel Farouk on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:21 pm

Hi

I am trying to wire a switch to turn launch control on/off. But when I go into the digital input function selection there is no option for launch control. But there is an option for traction control. I don't have traction control setup. I only want launch control. Will selecting the traction control function turn on lauch control on/off? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Raheel Farouk

Postby Scott@FP on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:16 am

Raheel Farouk wrote:Hi

I am trying to wire a switch to turn launch control on/off. But when I go into the digital input function selection there is no option for launch control. But there is an option for traction control. I don't have traction control setup. I only want launch control. Will selecting the traction control function turn on launch control on/off? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, Launch Control is part of Traction Control, you have to enable TC by enabling a slip calculation mode that calculates speeds in the TC setup menu, just set all the TC gains to 0 and TC Max power reduction table at 0 and you will be able to use LC without tripping TC. slip calc modes 1, 3 and 5 turn on drive speed and ground speed.

In traction control/ additional setup you have the option of enabling/disabling both LC and TC or only one of them with the switch.

Also you have to enable TC by setting up the slip calc mode in order to log and display ground and drive speed, with TC off (slip calc mode = 0) ground and drive speed will not be calculated and displayed.

You will also probably want to set up your gear detection as well.
Scott@FP

Postby Raheel Farouk on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:19 pm

Alright Thanks for your help.
Raheel Farouk

Postby Raheel Farouk on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:30 am

Hi,

Can someone plese explain to me the best and easiest method to set-up launch control on an AWD car since there is no ground speed. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Raheel Farouk

Postby Holmz on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:20 pm

Raheel Farouk wrote:Hi,

Can someone plese explain to me the best and easiest method to set-up launch control on an AWD car since there is no ground speed. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Do you have GPS or an accelerometer?
Holmz

Postby Raheel Farouk on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:58 pm

Holmz wrote:

Thanks

No i dont have GPS or an accelerometer. Are those the only ways to use launch control on an AWD car.
Raheel Farouk

Postby Scott@FP on Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:31 am

Raheel Farouk wrote:
Holmz wrote:

Thanks

No i dont have GPS or an accelerometer. Are those the only ways to use launch control on an AWD car.

Since you have no true ground speed reference on an AWD without GPS, if you are launching on similar surfaces all the time probably best to use a timer, start it with clutch or G force. However a simple gear vs drive speed table in RPM Limits will accomplish almost the same thing. Be sure to allow for lots of slip, don't try and set the limits too tight, idea is to not let the tires blow off all of a sudden, not hold a tight limit.
Scott@FP

Previous

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs