M800 Staged injection problems

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

M800 Staged injection problems

Postby oversteer on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:22 am

Hello

I have a Subaru running a M800, i have set-up 2 injectors per cylinder and i feed one bank pump fuel and one bank race/Ethanol. 8 x 2200cc

The car runs great on the primary injectors, makes 550hp on pump fuel but when you start bring in the secondary injectors it develops a misfire...a weird soft misfire that kills the power.

Car has been tested/run with both banks(one at a time) plugged in as primary's and it runs perfect, makes power so there is nothing wrong with injectors/pumps/lines/wiring etc etc its only when the motec try's to use secondarys there is an issue !

I have the car set-up now with all 0's on the secondary balance table so it is only using the secondary injectors and it will run weird/miss when revving it with no load, almost like its dropping cylinders on rotation as it revs to make a smooth miss !! AFR's are right/close enough so it should not miss for that reason

The car was on the dyno for ~4 hours today and the tuner could not work the issue out, but at least we have confirmed that the injectors/pumps/mechanical side of things is ok....its just has to be something wrong in the motec set-up etc

My motec config file is attached... its only small and will let you see the whole config for your self.

Thanks in advance for any help, I need to get to the bottom of this issue so i can finalize the tune and get the car scrutineered for an upcoming event.

Regards

Justin
Attachments
JUSTIN 2200CC E85 PUMP.e35
(72 KiB) Downloaded 760 times
oversteer

Re: M800 Staged injection problems

Postby sphilips on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:41 am

If you take a look at the individual trims, you can see there is a trim for the secondary injectors. But just at some cilinders. Maybe put it all to zero and test it again.
sphilips

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs