Denso wide band lambda sensor

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Denso wide band lambda sensor

Postby ElsmoortelG on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:11 pm

The Lambda sensor which is originally on an RX-8 has following information engraved on the sensors body :

MCG N3H3 DENSO 01K29-4220

Can I use this sensor combined with the M600 ?
What calibration should I configure in the software ?
Do Somebody know the layout of the wiring ?
ElsmoortelG

Re: Denso wide band lambda sensor

Postby MarkMc on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:55 am

Hi,
The ECUs are all configured to only use certain Lambda sensors from Bosch and NTK. The currently used sensors are the Bosch LSU versions 4.0, 4.2 and 4.9 and the NTK L1H1 sensors.

Can you tell me how many wires it has and how many pins are on the connector, the sensors above have six pin connectors and five wires.
MarkMc

Postby ElsmoortelG on Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:13 am

It has 4 wires.
2 are for the heater element.
The other 2 should be Vs and IP.
I think that the sensor 0V and the ground of the heater or connected on one pin.
ElsmoortelG

Postby MarkMc on Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:33 am

Hmmmm four wires, not a sensor we have ever used, it may even be narrow band. If you want Wide Band Lambda for your ECU you will have to use one of the listed sensors.

Did you want a wide band or narrow band reading for your M600? Give me a little detail on your project and I can be a bit more specfic.
MarkMc

Postby www.TDP.ie on Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:42 pm

Hi Maybe you should list all the Bosch and NTK Part number that are currently supported by the PLS's, ECU's & Dash Loggers.

That way it would a be a good resource if you supplier is out of stock of a certain sensor part no.

Thank You.

Robbie
www.TDP.ie
Authorized MoTeC Dealer
Ireland
www.TDP.ie MoTeC Authorized Dealer. Republic of Ireland
www.TDP.ie

Postby ElsmoortelG on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:28 am

I work for Mazda and it would have been nice to be able to take the sensor of the shelf.
Currently we have an NTK installed on our car. Works fine but in case it breaks I wanted to know if we could have replaced it by a denso. Saves money and time.
All special features for RX-8 are foreseen in the ecu-manager (for example : the oil measuring pump). Thats why I was wondering if the Denso-sensors were supported also.
ElsmoortelG

Postby MarkMc on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:26 pm

Making Lambda sensors work reliably and accurately involves a lot of work which is why only four are supported. Some of these sensors can come in differenct lengths and connector styles but ultimately will still be an LSU 4.0, 4.2, 4.9 or NTK L1H1, checking them all would be quite time consuming. It basically comes down to if you buy what we have calibrated then it will work, if you buy something that maypossibly, kinda, sorta be the same we can not make any guarantees.

Also, as we originally get sensors from the manufacturers based on what they are as an idividual piece we may not always be able to quote that is was available on brand X, model Y car.
MarkMc

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs