Fuel low warning

Discussion and support for current Advanced Dash Loggers, Sport Dash Loggers and Club dash loggers

Fuel low warning

Postby andyh on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:40 pm

Guys.

Question referring to CDL Kit dash logger.

Has anyone managed to get a fuel low warning to work using a resistor value?
I have a low fuel switch in the fuel tank on the bike, the original dash monitored the resistive value and when it reached 22 Ohms, the fuel warning light would illuminate.

I would like to replicate this if possible. I am working on the fuel used calculations i am developing but this is a physical measurement at 4 ltrs remaining and is very reliable and accurate..

Any advice would be appreciated, i have spare I/O in my M400 too if i need to use that as the gateway, but i would prefer a direct resistive input to the CDL.

The readings i have are 1.2K Ohms when full, the low fuel WL would have come on at 22 Ohms.

Regards

Andy
andyh

Re: Fuel low warning

Postby Mattk@dentsport on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:14 am

Set up a condition that becomes true or false based on the resistance of that input in the dash.
Mattk@dentsport

Postby Scott@FP on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:21 am

If you use an AT (5v 1K pullup, 100K pulldown) circuit you should be able to get the OEM sensor to work if it is a variable resistor, once the voltage goes above or below your set point, low fuel warning = on. With a 1K 5v pullup, a 100K pulldown, and a 22 ohm resistance this point will be approx. 0.108v.
Scott@FP

Postby andyh on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:44 pm

Ok guys thanks, it appears that the sensor in the tank is a little *unstable* :lol:

So i have replicated the original dash w/l condition using a set of resistors and a pull in relay, when the fuel drops to 3 ltrs the relay gets pulled in and lights an LED, that signal now drives a Low Fuel Warning on the dash as well.

Sorted :)
andyh

Return to ADL3, SDL3 and CDL3