RB26 DETT maping

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

RB26 DETT maping

Postby Paul M on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:39 pm

Hi All, I have an RB26DETT with the air flow meters removed but retains the STD manifold, what is the best setup for maping is it map or throttle, or is there another way

Paul
Paul M

Re: RB26 DETT maping

Postby Motec_Master on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:38 pm

You should map by your map sensor as your main map
then adjust the load sites to whatever you prefer by pressing a on the FUEL AND IGNITION table and choose your y and x axis there (MAP, TP............)

You can have a secondary map set as Throttle position vs RPM to improve your throttle response

Cheers Rashed
Motec_Master

Postby Chris Wilson on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:58 pm

How big a difference does running separate throttle position / RPM based map make? Any info on the best way to do this, I am assuming it helps part throttle light boost situations? Is it worth it on a race engine used for circuit work? Would it be worth it on engines with a single throttle plate (mine is still on stock RB26 multiple throttle bodies). Thanks.
Chris Wilson

Postby Paul M on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:20 am

Thanks for the reply, the best option I have found to date, is to use the Map V Rpm and the second table Throttle V Map. As this is a race car, it requires good throttle control, I still find there are strange mixture readings that I can not understand

Cheers Paul
Paul M

Postby Motec_Master on Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:11 am

Second Table as Throttle vs map??? hmmmm I cant think of how it can be useful your secondary table in my opinion should be RPM ON X axis and Throttle on Y axis ... This will help driveability and throttle response.

The car will rev cleaner.

Another tip is go to your fuel compensation and choose (MAP Compensation)

Put this as your 2Dtable

KPA 100 110 120 140 160 180
___l____l___ l____l____l____l___l <==========Here u can add a percentage (trim) over the numbers on ur fuel map

I found that the car comes on boost much better
Motec_Master

Postby Motec_Master on Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:15 am

Chris Wilson wrote:How big a difference does running separate throttle position / RPM based map make? Any info on the best way to do this, I am assuming it helps part throttle light boost situations? Is it worth it on a race engine used for circuit work? Would it be worth it on engines with a single throttle plate (mine is still on stock RB26 multiple throttle bodies). Thanks.

It will have a minimal effect I think accel enrichment and decel enrichment are more than enough
Motec_Master

Postby sam@tdi on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:34 pm

I've had good results on both this and the RNN14 using the Z axis maps if it's available in your ecu.
Sam Borgman
sam@tdi

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs