Innovate LM1 AN-output to M800 how to?

Covers current and earlier Subaru and Mitsubishi Plug-In systems

Innovate LM1 AN-output to M800 how to?

Postby jasaircraft on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:02 am

Hi I want to use my analog output2(wideband) from my LM1 into an input of a subaru MY99 pnp board for dataloging purposes.
What pin should I use? What pins do I have available?
best regards,

joe
jasaircraft

Re: Innovate LM1 AN-output to M800 how to?

Postby Karel on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:50 am

Just use input of original lamba and configure the ecu like your LM1 output.
Karel

Postby stevieturbo on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:22 am

And scale the 0-5v output to cover as narrow an AFR range as possible.

For some reason, when I used the MTX analgoue output into the Motec, there were huge voltage irregularities. Even when tested at flatline voltages, there were errors up to about 0.4v ! Strangely, not fixed errors, the voltage actually fluctuated.

So I'd use it purely as a logging reference only.

Not sure if the problem was MTX related or wiring, never did investigate further. Think I used

0.1v = 0.5 lambda
4.9v = 1.5 lambda

It will never go to either extreme, but it was just how I set it.
stevieturbo

Postby jasaircraft on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks! I just used Innovate's Logworks3 to tune... So I will try this the next time the client is in for a tune..
jasaircraft

Postby Karel on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:03 pm

stevieturbo wrote:And scale the 0-5v output to cover as narrow an AFR range as possible.

For some reason, when I used the MTX analgoue output into the Motec, there were huge voltage irregularities. Even when tested at flatline voltages, there were errors up to about 0.4v ! Strangely, not fixed errors, the voltage actually fluctuated.

Not sure if the problem was MTX related or wiring, never did investigate further. Think I used

0.1v = 0.5 lambda
4.9v = 1.5 lambda

You will always need to use good grounding and sensor groud is something what is related to sensor input volatage too. If you just put the signal from WB lambda to ecu you can see some voltage drift acordinghow good or bad your car, ecu and engine grounding is.
Karel

Postby stevieturbo on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:22 am

Karel wrote:
stevieturbo wrote:And scale the 0-5v output to cover as narrow an AFR range as possible.

0.1v = 0.5 lambda
4.9v = 1.5 lambda

You will always need to use good grounding and sensor groud is something what is related to sensor input volatage too. If you just put the signal from WB lambda to ecu you can see some voltage drift acordinghow good or bad your car, ecu and engine grounding is.

I know that, but I didnt wire it in. The owner did say he wired them both directly to the ecu, so grounding should have been good.
The issue may have been with the MTX itself, I never did try sticking a voltmeter onto the wires to see if it was any more stable.
stevieturbo

Return to M800 Plug-In ECUs