Upgrading ADL3 dash problem

Discussion and support for current Advanced Dash Loggers, Sport Dash Loggers and Club dash loggers

Upgrading ADL3 dash problem

Postby chelspeed on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:05 am

Dash version is 5.40A. I am running the latest 5.40C4 on my laptop. When I try and send a new config to my ADL3 it says I need to upgrade the dash version.

I go to online and upgrade dash and it opens a new window with a progress bar. The bar goes about 5% when it says"Setting stay and resetting device". It stays there about a minute then comes up with an error message "Error during firmware upgrade - unable to put device into loader". The dash then says "ADL3 load 5.22" and sits there.

Power cycling the dash gets it back working but still at 5.40A.

Tried two different PCs but both behave the same, both windows 7 home premium, one 32 bit the other 64 bit.

Any suggestions?
chelspeed

Re: Upgrading ADL3 dash problem

Postby Merlin on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:53 am

I have found the only way to upgrade any device connected to a CAN bus is it must be the only device connected to the computer

So remove all other devices ( ecu ,slm , plm, etc) or connect it directly to your computer

John P
Merlin

Postby YuriK on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:37 pm

This issue has been fixed in the current Beta version, which will be released soon.

Regards
YuriK

Postby chelspeed on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:05 am

Merlin wrote:I have found the only way to upgrade any device connected to a CAN bus is it must be the only device connected to the computer

Useful info but not relevant as the ADL3 updates over ethernet.
chelspeed

Postby chelspeed on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:26 pm

Now sorted, thanks Yuri. My wired ethernet connection was on a fixed (wrong) IP address. Changed it to allow it pick whatever it needed and it works.

I think I would have found that myself if it hadn't connected at all but oddly enough the current version of the software would allow it to partially connect, read configs, monitor values etc but not connect enough to upgrade the firmware in the dash.

No idea why and doesn't matter I guess as it's sorted now.
chelspeed

Postby YuriK on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:56 am

The thing is that the dashes now communicate with PC using IPv6 protocol. This is why you could connect and work with the dash configuration file. However some (earlier) dashes have boot loader that still talks IPv4, so when the firmware is upgraded on these dashes IPv4 kicks in and so it has to be configured in the propper way. In your case IPv4 was properly configured on Wireless interface but was configured wrong on LAN interface.

Regards
YuriK

Return to ADL3, SDL3 and CDL3