Engine cannot start

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Re: Engine cannot start

Postby AdamW on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:19 pm

I took a look at your config file, a few things that I noticed:
Your CRT is set to 9. This should be set to 60 since you have a 60-2 wheel.
Your trigger capture shows you have a trigger voltage offset of about 0.8v so the waveform doesnt cross zero. Your REF trigger voltage is currently set to 0.3v, try increasing this value to 0.8v.
Your cranking RPM is slow - only about 120RPM, you would normally see more like 200RPM with most engines. You will get better results if you can improve cranking RPM, check your battery voltage during cranking, starter motor, etc...
Motorsport Electronics Ltd.
AdamW
Pro User

Re: Engine cannot start

Postby YuriK on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi Peter,
In addition to what Adam wrote, values in Ref Mag Sensor Levels table may need to be adjusted because if the trigger is set to let's say 0.3V and the peak is 0.9V than mag Sensor Level should be set to something like 0.7V. Currently the table starts from 0.1V and from the Ref/Sync capture I suspect that Ref never dropps below 0.1V.
But the fist thing in situations like this is to check Ref/Sync errors. When the ECU Manager is open and the ECU is connected press F3 - you'll see Diagnostic Errors Screen. While cranking, press Enter key several times (it resets the screen). Some of the errors (ideally all) will disappear, but others will still be displayed after you've pressed Enter. This will give you a better idea of where the problem is. Ref/Sync setup, errors and warnings are very well explained in Ref/Sync related webinars which you can find here http://www.motec.com.au/webinars/webinararchive/ Please have a look, the webinars are very helpful!

Regards!
YuriK

Previous

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs