Maximum value recall

Discussion on the use of Display creator software for MoTeC Colour displays

Maximum value recall

Postby jawshwaa on Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:27 pm

Hi all,

I am wanting to be able to show the maximum values reached by certain channels (RPM, MAP etc) at the end of each session and have them displayed on the C127. Saves having to get the laptop out and can have 2 seconds to look before shutting vehicle off to check if everything seems to be in order.

I figured the best way to do this was to create a counter that has reset and count up paramaters set.
For example for coolant temp maximums i would have a counter called 'Coolant Temp Counter'

Count up logic would be;
IF 'Coolant temp' > 'Coolant Temp Counter' then increment

Reset logic would be
Reset value == Coolant Temp

This works for things like coolant temp which increment relatively slowly, but does not work for anything that changes somewhat fast (RPM, MAP etc). It will increment one value (for example going from 0 -> 1) but then as the live value is still above the counter value it doesn't increment anymore.

I understand there is a 'track changes' counter type, but the documentation wasn't clear as to what this is and it didn't seem to make any difference either.

If there is a much simpler way to show maximum channel values then i would be happy to hear it!

Thanks
jawshwaa

Re: Maximum value recall

Postby jawshwaa on Wed May 01, 2024 9:49 am

Anyone able to help with this?

I will try and get a screenshot of the counter logic to verify i have it correct.

Thanks
jawshwaa

Re: Maximum value recall

Postby David Ferguson on Wed May 01, 2024 10:44 am

Is there a reason you don't just look in this with I2? That is what most race teams do.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Return to Display Creator