2x Dash Configurations, GPS Only Working On One

Discussion on the use of Display creator software for MoTeC Colour displays

2x Dash Configurations, GPS Only Working On One

Postby benntrevv on Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:07 pm

So ive got 2 dash configs, my old one and a new one.

GPS works on my old dash config, i show 8 satellites etc when checking the live channels. When i upload my new dash config, the GPS isnt working at all and i'm not getting any satellite readings or anything.

Can somebody please have a a look between the two and see if ive missed anything as to why the new ones gps isnt working, or maybe even have a go at fixing it

Old and new configs attached

Thanks
Ben

OLD dash config.c125v64
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 343 times

NEW dash config.c125v64
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 350 times
benntrevv

Re: 2x Dash Configurations, GPS Only Working On One

Postby Anthony on Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:38 am

I can't see any differences between the versions in relation to GPS settings.

When its all powered up what do you see under online, monitor channels, Comms RS232 Diag?
Anthony

Postby David Ferguson on Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:20 am

Are you checking the GPS channels using Online->Monitor Channels?

Did you upload the correct Display Creator Config to match the dash config? Due to the channel changes you are sending to display creator, I would expect that you needed a new DC config (ie. you need to Update the linked DBC file), especially if you were counting on that to view the "live channels".
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby benntrevv on Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:58 am

Anthony wrote:I can't see any differences between the versions in relation to GPS settings.

When its all powered up what do you see under online, monitor channels, Comms RS232 Diag?

Under "comms Rs232" on the old config it says 0 but it has "comms can 2 diag' all the way down to comms can 9 and all of them say 512

The new config says 512 under comms Rs232 but it doesnt have any of the "comms can 2-9 diag" etc..

They are to completely different dash configs, one was for my yamaha race bike and now the new one is for my link g4x ecu but gps is suppose to be somple?
benntrevv

Postby benntrevv on Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:00 am

David Ferguson wrote:Are you checking the GPS channels using Online->Monitor Channels?

Did you upload the correct Display Creator Config to match the dash config? Due to the channel changes you are sending to display creator, I would expect that you needed a new DC config (ie. you need to Update the linked DBC file), especially if you were counting on that to view the "live channels".

Yeah im checking it that way, i have tried updating the display creator file but it doesnt make a deference, as i can upload the old dash config with the new display creator file when doesnt work together, but if i still go to monitor channels i can still see the gps working
benntrevv

Postby David Ferguson on Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:16 am

So are you loading the configs on the same dash & wiring harness. if using two different harnesses, perhaps one has the GPS signal connected to a different pin, or it has a bad/miss-wired/different GPS receiver.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby benntrevv on Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:18 am

David Ferguson wrote:So are you loading the configs on the same dash & wiring harness. if using two different harnesses, perhaps one has the GPS signal connected to a different pin, or it has a bad/miss-wired/different GPS receiver.

All the same harness etc.. everything is the same, dash, harness, gps etc.. just when i upload my old dash config the gps works, and when i upload the new dash config the gps doesnt work
benntrevv

Postby Anthony on Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:22 pm

That’s very odd.

Perhaps as a test you can just try to create an entire new dash config using the default m1 template and flash that to the dash then checking the monitor channels section to see how that behaves.

Where are you located?
Anthony

Postby benntrevv on Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:31 pm

Anthony wrote:That’s very odd.

Perhaps as a test you can just try to create an entire new dash config using the default m1 template and flash that to the dash then checking the monitor channels section to see how that behaves.

Where are you located?

Anthony, i figured it out. On my old dash config all gps was going through RS232-RX and on my new one it was going through RS232-1, i just swapped all the gps to rs232-RX and now its working.
benntrevv

Postby Stephen Dean on Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:40 am

Hi Ben,

I'll close the Support ticket raised for this as well then.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Return to Display Creator