Buttons not working correctly

Discussion on the use of Display creator software for MoTeC Colour displays

Buttons not working correctly

Postby benntrevv on Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:37 pm

So im having a problem with the buttons working, I've been reading threads on here and trying to work it out but im getting nowhere. down for it to show me the next page, the minute i release the button it goes back to my main page.

I've attached my config file from dash manager and my project from display creator.

Thanks
Benny

Benny Dash Working modified button Carbon.dcproj
(1.85 MiB) Downloaded 233 times

R6 Dash Complete button works if hold down.c125v64
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 236 times
benntrevv

Re: Buttons not working correctly

Postby David Ferguson on Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:39 am

So tell us what behavior you want. Do you want to press the "Mode" Button, and have it cycle through the available pages in Display Creator?

The way you do this is to update the "Display Page" channel in Dash Manager. This get's sent over to Display Creator, and the pages are displayed when "Display Page == Page Number".

I have updated your Dash Manager Configuration, to use a user condition to create the channel "Display Page Up Button", this channel is used to control the Display Page which is configured in Functions->Display...->Page Selection tab. I then added the "Display Page" channel to be sent to Display Creator so that it can change pages.

Now I was a little bit lazy -- You have one default page, and page 1. So saying you have two Display Pages, changes the Display Page value from 1 to 2 and back again, since there is no Page 2, then default page shows up there. My typicaly setup is to put a "Welcome" screen with a logo on the defualt page, and number your other pages Page 1 & Page 2.
Attachments
R6 Dash Complete - Display Page button config.c125v64
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 227 times
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Re: Buttons not working correctly

Postby David Ferguson on Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:42 am

Note, you will need to save this configuration to update the .DBC file. And open Display Creator to get the updated DBC with the Display Page before sending both the config and display creator config to the dash.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Return to Display Creator