Engine Cold Alarm

Discussion on the use of Display creator software for MoTeC Colour displays

Engine Cold Alarm

Postby benntrevv on Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:14 pm

So I'm trying to set an alarm but not sure if what I'm wanting to do is too much, or if its being done the right way.

I'm wanting to set an alarm to say "Engine Cold" on my main screen from when i start the bike up until the bike reaches 80 degrees and then i want it to automatically go off when it reaches the chosen temperature without having to press any buttons etc, is it possible to do this?

Thanks
Benny
benntrevv

Re: Engine Cold Alarm

Postby Stephen Dean on Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:04 pm

Hi Benny,

This can be done, you will need to post your Display Creator Project if you want people to help with it as there are a number of different ways to do this depending on how the Project has been done.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby benntrevv on Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:33 pm

Steve,

Okay thanks, maybe I’ve put this in the wrong topic? I’m only trying to do it currently on a standard display on dash manager.

I have created a display creator display but I’m waiting for motec to open back up so I can purchase the upgrade.

How do I share my display creator project anyway?

Benny
benntrevv

Postby David Ferguson on Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:07 am

I often use a user condition and set this up using the shift light module. So a couple of ligths stay on until the engine is warm.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby benntrevv on Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:02 am

I’ve figured out how to get the alarm to come on, but I can’t figure out how to make the alarm go away automatically when say it reaches 80° without having to acknowledge it with the reset button
benntrevv

Postby David Ferguson on Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:40 am

Have it dismiss automatically after 30 seconds, and not show again for another 1 second. It may flash off every 30 seconds, but will eventually go off. That is one reason I like the lights -- they will only stay on while the condition is active.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby benntrevv on Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:50 am

Im pretty sure I tried that, but the alarm itself won’t go away after it’s reached the current temperature unless it’s been acknowledged.
benntrevv

Postby David Ferguson on Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:59 am

If you post your config, we could take a look at what might be wrong. Make sure your units (C / F) in the comparison are correct.

I just checked one of my alarms, and it's Remove Message Automatically after 20 seconds, or when alarm acknowledge is pressed. Do not display the message again until 30 seconds have elapsed.

So that messages flashes every 30 seconds until the temperature is in the operating range.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby benntrevv on Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:06 am

David,

Okay thanks. Sorry how do I post my config? Sorry I’m still working out how to do things.
benntrevv

Postby David Ferguson on Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:34 am

In the Dash Manager use File->Open... Select the config you wish to share and press the "Export..." button. Save that file somewhere you can find it (Documents, Downloads, etc), then Upload Attachment below the Post Reply window to upload it. If the Forum software won't let you upload it, try putting it in a compressed folder (.zip file) and uploading that.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Next

Return to Display Creator