Engine Cold Alarm

Discussion on the use of Display creator software for MoTeC Colour displays

Re: Engine Cold Alarm

Postby quadcam on Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:16 pm

I use the following to make serious alarms (like low oil pressure at high rpm) show whenever the alarm condition is present and clear without acknowledgement when the condition is good again.

Remove automatically after 0 seconds,
Do not display again until 0 seconds have elapsed.

This means even if the driver pushes the button to acknowledge it the alarm will re-appear straight away due to the 0 seconds dispaly again setting. But it will automatically clear when the condition is good.
quadcam

Postby benntrevv on Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:40 pm

So I've got another problem now, my upgrade code came through from motec for display creator. I have uploaded the config file to the dash with display creator. it says no errors and i double checked it. once on it says at the top of the dash in a red alarm box "CAN comms timeout"

when i use the same config file in dash manager and use a one of the standard displays, it all works fine and i can simulate everything.

Does it have anything to do with that my dash is only connected to a power source etc.. the ecu plug isnt plugged in at the moment as my bike isnt with me, im just doing this so i can sort of set up the dash.

Ive attached my config file to here if any of you wish to have a look

Benny

MY17+ Yamaha R6 (YEC) AM forum motec.c125v64
config file
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 399 times
benntrevv

Postby Stephen Dean on Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:35 pm

Hi Ben,

That is caused by a mismatch between the Display Creator Project and the Dash Manager configuration file. There is a .dbc file that is generated by Dash Manager when the Dash is configured to use DC, this file needs to be matched in DC for the communications to work correctly.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby benntrevv on Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:04 pm

Stephen, okay thanks.

So what exactly do i need to compare to make sure its the same?

Benny
benntrevv

Postby benntrevv on Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:33 pm

So I've managed to work pretty much it all out except from one thing. Everything is reading fine, apart from the green button on my 2 button loom. I can only manage to get the next display page up if i hold the button down and keep holding it, the minute I let go of the button it goes back to the main page. Im trying to set it up so I can press it and go to the next page etc.. Any ideas? I've spent hour playing but cant seem to find out what to do.

I've attached my latest config file if that might be of any help

Benny

R6 Dash Complete button works if hold down.c125v64
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 392 times
benntrevv

Postby benntrevv on Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:30 pm

Anybody have any ideas? I’ve spent hours again trying to get the botton to change to the next page but I’m having no luck.

Benny
benntrevv

Postby SOReilly on Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:40 am

Hi Ben,

I can see that you have the buttons generating the channels 'Mode Button' and 'Reset Button' and these are included in your channels being transmitted to Display Creator.

I would need to see your DC project to know how you currently have it set up but I would recommend you set up the page selection function in Dash Manager. You can find this under Functions>Display on the Page Selection tab.

You can use this to create a counter with the output channel 'Display Page' transmitted to Display Creator.

In the example image below the 'Mode Button' channel will increment the counter up.

The channel value of Display Page will start at 0 and count up to the maximum entered next to 'Number of Pages:'

display page.JPG
display page.JPG (52.35 KiB) Viewed 9089 times

In Display Creator add the condition shown below to all pages except page 0.

condition.JPG
condition.JPG (24.88 KiB) Viewed 9089 times

Now when you press the mode button the Display Page channel will increment, the value of this channel transmitted to DC will set the displayed page based on the conditions created.

If you have any trouble with this feel free to attach your Dash config, DBC and Display Creator project or email them to support@motec.com.au
SOReilly
MoTeC

Previous

Return to Display Creator