C1212 Display Fuel Level

Discussion on the use of Display creator software for MoTeC Colour displays

C1212 Display Fuel Level

Postby CraigM on Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:10 pm

Hi, long time reader first time posting. I have a Motec C1212 dash already installed in an EVO4, unsure what wiring loom was used for the installation. I do not think the dash has the I/O upgrade. I have purchased Display Creator for the dash. My objective is to create a working fuel gauge displayed on a page. From what I have read thus far I need to enable the I/O upgrade on the dash and that comes with a different wiring loom? Then I can work out what resistor I need to purchase to suit factory fuel tank sender, is that correct? I am assuming that once I have installed the I/O upgrade I will have the relevant inputs I need to wire up the factory fuel tank sender? Any help on this matter would be appreciated. If anyone has a working example config file for display creator with a working fuel gauge for an EVO that would be even better.
CraigM

Re: C1212 Display Fuel Level

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:01 am

Hi,

You will need access to the AV inputs for the Fuel Sender wiring, these are enabled with the IO Upgrade. There is an optional loom available for the C12xx displays that works with the IO upgrade but you can also do your own wiring if that suits you better.

Usually a 0 ~ 90 Ohm sender will use a 220 ohm pullup.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby Anthony on Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:06 pm

What ECU are you running?
If running an M1 series ECU you can also run the fuel sender to the ECU as Tank Level is sent across to the dash via CAN. (saves the I/O upgrade if not needed for anything else)
Anthony

Postby CraigM on Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:30 pm

I am running the Motec M150 ECU, is there a wiring diagram for the M150 somewhere? perhaps I can figure out how to accomplish this connection from fuel tank sender to ECU.

Thanks!
CraigM

Postby Stephen Dean on Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:13 pm

Hi Craig,

The M1 Tune software generates a pinout using the Help | Firmware Wiring... function. For wiring the sender in, select an available AV input, if you are using an external pullup, or an AT to use the internal 1k ohm pullup.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Return to Display Creator