Error "START_FAIL" also DIV0 8011E966 on C1212 & E888 Setup

D153, D175, C125, C127, C185 and C187 forum

Error "START_FAIL" also DIV0 8011E966 on C1212 & E888 Setup

Postby bkp on Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:02 am

Hi all,

I just performed a minor update to a TC sensor setting (connected to E888) in dash manager Post update, dash manager is now a) failing to connect, and b) displaying an error message on the display itself. The display is on a test bench with only power and Can1 connection to an E888. Power cycling the display does not change behavior, however if I remove the E888 (or disconnect CAN) then power cycle the display operation resumes as expected.

Failure to connect message:
The device has stopped operating due to an internal error. You should contact your MoTeC dealer for advice. Please quote the error code given below. "Halt Error Code: START_FAIL".

Dash error message (across top of screen in white font red background):
"DIV0 8011E966.

I'll be reaching out to my dealer when they come online later today, but in the interim if you have any insights you can share as to what may be going on I'd appreciate it. I'm also a little interested / concerned as to how it could have caused the setup to get into this state in the first place.

Thanks in advance,
Ben
bkp

Re: Error "START_FAIL" also DIV0 8011E966 on C1212 & E888 Se

Postby bkp on Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:41 am

UPDATE: Issue is resolved.

Advice received from dealer was:

Attempt an update of the dash firmware, and when updating, select the options to discard the dash config and discard the display creator configuration.

Then, after the reload has been completed, load a base configuration to the dash (Just send the M1 default file) and then check if you can monitor channels.

When monitoring channels with the default file, no issues were observed, which suggested that there was an issue with either the DM or DC configuration files that I had prepared.

Pushing my DM configuration file alone still resulted in the error, so I rebuilt it from scratch, uploaded it first then the DC file and everything is now operating as expected.

Big shoutout to the team at Powertune Australia, particularly Ryan. Fantastic support, both in response time and content detail. Great example of a company that looks out for its customers.
bkp

Return to Colour displays