Average Speed Since Trip Reset C125

D153, D175, C125, C127, C185 and C187 forum

Average Speed Since Trip Reset C125

Postby redmistracing on Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:41 am

Good afternoon,

Could anyone advise how to calculate a value on a C125 Dash for average speed since last trip reset.

We have set a trip distance which resets by a button press, we would also like a live average speed to be calculated and displayed since the last trip reset (this is for road rally application)

Any advice on how best to approach?

Thanks

Tim
redmistracing

Re: Average Speed Since Trip Reset C125

Postby David Ferguson on Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:26 pm

Since the C125 doesn't have a direct math channel capability (this could be done with a C185 and Advanced Functions).

I would approach it like we do brake bias, with a table to calculate the division,

So, the same channel that resets the Trip Distance, would also reset a Timer. A table would be setup that outputs "Average Speed" based on the Inputs channels Timer and Trip Distance. I've attached a sample project that I think will do this. Don't have a dash handy to check this with, but I will try it when I get a chance in the next couple of days.

oops, I can't seem to upload my sample. "board attachment quota has been reached".. Email me at ferg@veracitydata.com and I will email the sample C125 config.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Re: Average Speed Since Trip Reset C125

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:08 pm

Hi Dave,

I'm working on freeing up space on the server to allow attachments again.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Return to Colour displays