Display 8 Gears on C125

D153, D175, C125, C127, C185 and C187 forum

Display 8 Gears on C125

Postby t8fanning on Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:00 pm

This might not be the correct sub forum, but I think my problem is pretty isolated to the C125 display/ dash manager software.

I'm working on an M150 paired with an external transmission controller and an 8 speed gearbox. I have a developer license, and have messed around with it in M1 Build a little, but am no expert. I've modified the firmware slightly to read 8 gears instead of the standard 7. I've tested this and all 8 gears are properly registered in M1 tune.

My problem comes with integrating my C125 with display creator. My display only shows up to 7th gear, despite the gear channel showing 8th gear in M1 tune. I think I've got display creator set up properly as it works as desired in simulation when gear is set to 8.

I think the problem is in dash manager. When I live track the gear channel in dash manager, I only see it register as 7th gear even though M1 tune is showing 8th gear. I get the gear channel to the C125 with the M1_General_0x640_Version 5 CAN package.

Does this general CAN package limit the gear channel to 7? Or does anyone have another idea where my problem might be? I thought if I got 8th gear displaying properly in M1 tune it would work fine, but that's not the case.
t8fanning

Re: Display 8 Gears on C125

Postby t8fanning on Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:16 pm

I ended up figuring it out with some help from the Facebook group. Apparently the normal gear channel is only 4 bits and has a range of -7 to 7. I rebroadcasted the gear channel as an 8 bit number on a different CAN address. This made the gear values multiples of 256, so I had to divide by 256 in the CAN channel definition in the C125. If I was better at coding, I could probably get it all done in M1 Build, but I couldn't quite figure that out.

However, my method works as expected and my dash displays R, N, and gears 1-8.
t8fanning

Return to Colour displays