Simulation - gear indicator not working

D153, D175, C125, C127, C185 and C187 forum

Simulation - gear indicator not working

Postby 71dsp on Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:02 pm

I'm setting up a C125 with an M400 ECU in a Honda roadrace car. Until we get the wheel speed sensors working, I'd like to use GPS speed and engine RPMs for the gear indicator. I've set up the ratios properly, but since I cannot drive the car currently, I'm using the simulation function to test the gear indicator - however it doesn't work. I set a screen up to display Engine RPM and GPS speed, which are correctly displaying the values that I input, but the gear indicator stays on "N" regardless of the values I put in. Is this an indication of a problem, or will the gear indicator not work in simulation mode?

I did notice some of the calculated fields that use GPS Speed are also not updating like I'd expect, for example Ground Speed. It's equal to GPS Speed, but remains 0 despite GPS Speed equaling the value I input.

Thanks again!
71dsp

Re: Simulation - gear indicator not working

Postby adrian on Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:18 am

Because of the way GPS channels work in the background you can't simulate them properly.

Other than actually driving the car, the only way to test your setup is to change the channel input into your speed/distance calculations to one that can be simulated (such as a constant channel) and then change it back to GPS Speed to be used in the car.
adrian
MoTeC

Return to Colour displays