Overriding displayed channels

D153, D175, C125, C127, C185 and C187 forum

Overriding displayed channels

Postby HKS_TRD on Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:09 pm

Is it possible to have a position on a C127 display one channel until a certain condition is reached and then display another channel
For example having a position display ECU temp but whenever boost pressure is >0 that position will display boost pressure instead
HKS_TRD

Re: Overriding displayed channels

Postby SOReilly on Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:03 pm

Hi HKS_TRD,

Yes this is possible. the way you go about achieving this will depend on whether you are using the fixed internal display layouts or if your C127 has Display Creator enabled.

I will provide an example of how you would do this in the fixed layouts.

First you will need to create a user condition which becomes true when boost pressure is > 0. This is done under Calculations>User Conditions. Exactly how you configure this will depend on the channels and data you have available to use for comparison but the output channel should be set up as On/Off data type. This can be created as a new channel. See example below

Boost condition.JPG
Boost condition.JPG (40.01 KiB) Viewed 3849 times

After this open Display Setup, Functions>Display. Any channel position number with multiple spaces below it will allow for a primary channel with conditional channels configured below it. See below

conditional channel.JPG
conditional channel.JPG (103.11 KiB) Viewed 3849 times

Configure the override so that the output channel of the user condition we previously created activates the condition, with boost pressure as the selected channel to appear when active below under settings. see example

Boost display override.JPG
Boost display override.JPG (38.42 KiB) Viewed 3849 times

Let me know if you have any trouble with this.
SOReilly
MoTeC

Re: Overriding displayed channels

Postby HKS_TRD on Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:11 pm

Hi

I'm using a fixed internal layout, thankyou for the clear explanation it made it easy to set the override up in a few minutes
HKS_TRD

Return to Colour displays