Creatin DBC file for C125 Display

D153, D175, C125, C127, C185 and C187 forum

Creatin DBC file for C125 Display

Postby BR996tt on Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:16 pm

Can someone help, I have just got my car back with a new M130 ECU and C125 Display fitted and am trying to make changes to the Dash display. I have downloaded the Dash Manager and Displays Creator Apps from the MoTec website and the manuals. I have watched the webinars and thought it all looked straight forward. So I connected my laptop to the ECU and got the configuration file from the ECU. I have saved that file with a new name and sent that to the the ECU. This should have created a DBC file in the same folder as the config file is saved in, but I can't find the DBC file.
Am I doing something wrong?
BR996tt

Re: Creatin DBC file for C125 Display

Postby the_bluester on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:03 pm

I assume you have the display creator upgrade?

I just had a look and to create a DBC you need to add all the channels you want to the display creator tab in the display setup section of the dash manager software, save the config under a new file name and it should create a matching DBC file.
the_bluester

Postby BR996tt on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:24 pm

[quote="the_bluester"]I assume you have the display creator upgrade?

I'm just learning how it all works, so I'm not sure how the upgrade works. My workshop fitted the ECU and Dash and gave it back to me (in a rush as he was trying to complete it before he went on leave for a week). I got it without the dongle and stuff that came with it. He told me I could just download the apps from the motec website and play around with the dish configuration. I did read in the docs that I need an upgrade to be able to edit the dash but I figured this was in the dash. I believe I paid for it in my pack.
BR996tt

Postby the_bluester on Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:32 pm

OK, if you have a dash without the display creator upgrade enabled, you just use the normal dash manager program.

If you have already downloaded and installed that on your PC, connect up to the Ethernet port on your dash, start the dash manager program and click on "Get configuration" in dash manager to download the setup that is on there now. Save that with a useful filename on your PC.

Now, save it again with a different filename and then you can start to look at changes. Once you have made them in dash manager you need to send them to the dash.

Just make sure you save a copy of your existing configuration under a different file name before you make any changes, that way you can change back by simply opening the original config in dash manager and sending it to the dash.

If you have paid for the display creator upgrade then that is out of my experience, I have played with the DC software a bit but I have not paid for the upgrade so I can not do anything live with it. When you have the dash connected to the dash manager software you can click on the "Online" menu and then down to "Dash options (Upgrades) to see what is enabled.
the_bluester

Postby BR996tt on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:23 pm

Thanks for your help. I have now checked the upgrades on my Dash using Dash Manager and it seems that the Dash Creator upgrade has not yet been installed. The mechanic that has been working on it is back on Tuesday so I'll leave it until then to get the rest of it sorted. Thanks again.
BR996tt

Postby adrian on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:59 am

Dash Manager will create the DBC file whether you have the DC upgrade or not. The upgrade simply allows a DC file to work on the device.

As the_bluester has said when you configure your Dash Manager config to be a DC display and add the channels you want to use it will create a DBC file when you save the config. You can then load this DBC file into DC and start creating your display config.

You can use the simulate mode in DC to test your configuration until you have the upgrade for the dash at which point you can send the config to the actual display.
adrian
MoTeC

Return to Colour displays