M1 Build Module Creation

Support forum for users of the M1 Build

M1 Build Module Creation

Postby rntechnologies on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:09 pm

Hi Guys,
I'm not sure if it's ever been raised before, or considered, but it would be really awesome if we had the ability to create modules that we could export, and potentially give to other developers for use in their projects without exposing the code behind.
Much in the same way the built-in ones work.

Is this something that would be considered at all?

Cheers!
Regards,
Ryan
rntechnologies
Pro User

Re: M1 Build Module Creation

Postby Stephen Dean on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:49 am

Hi,

This is something that has been investigated, and may be introduced in the future.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby MalcolmG on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:43 am

I would second that. It would be very useful to be able to create a modules for e.g. CAN communications with a controller that you regularly have to interface with, special sensor types or ways of handling sensors, or just functional blocks that you use regularly through multiple different projects - especially if it allowed you to have versions of the module so you could update the module and then easily roll it out through projects where you have used it.
MalcolmG
Pro User

Postby Salasko Racing on Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:13 pm

This would open up a lot of potential business for dealers. It would be great to see.
Salasko Racing

Postby phatbob on Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:56 am

Seconded. I've had to manually maintain build code that is interspersed in many modules since '15 over many versions of projects and its super-annoying... to repeadtedly cut and paste and make the many same clicks over and over again

would be nice if I could just maintain my own little piece.

Obviously there are isses about namespace collision, versioning, etc. but those who can handle it, are mostly big boys :-)
phatbob

Return to M1 Build