Mandatory tags...

Support forum for users of the M1 Build

Mandatory tags...

Postby aNinjaneer on Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:41 pm

Can we pleeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee get rid of MANDATORY tags? I understand having them be optional, but sometimes modules get conflicting tags selected in them that you are not actually able to modify, and it breaks the ability for the project to compile. I honestly have never used tags, and don't think I ever will. And even if I did, they should probably be defined in the user space, not the firmware. I would get soooo many hours of my life back if I didn't have to constantly struggle with mandatory tags and tag conflicts...
aNinjaneer

Re: Mandatory tags...

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:03 am

Changes to this are being investigated.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby aNinjaneer on Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:44 pm

SDean wrote:Changes to this are being investigated.

Thank you! Sorry, I was on a rant late last night. I was getting so frustrated that I literally ripped the boost control module out of my package and implemented my own. lol
aNinjaneer

Postby Salasko Racing on Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:53 am

Bringing this back up again. These tags honestly take up more time that writing entire features. Somehow they get messed up inside modules and we aren't allowed to modify them. They add zero or negative value (how many people can't find something because "normal" is checked in tune) Could we at least make them optional they literally more than double development time in many cases. Currently been up against the wall for over an hour trying to figure out why I can't get a tag to show up in a indexed switch...

I'm with aNinjaneer I'm about to have to rewrite another module, I've actually already done the boost control as well...
Salasko Racing

Postby Salasko Racing on Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:59 am

Apparently I just had to bitch about this because I figured it out. Still hate the tags though.
Salasko Racing

Postby MalcolmG on Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:16 am

If this is the voting thread, I'd also be happy to see tags disappear from Build and Tune
MalcolmG
Pro User

Return to M1 Build