Alternator Control

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

Alternator Control

Postby rocketbunnyboy03 on Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:23 am

Hey, I am part of an FSAE team. We upgraded the stator on our bike and have a controllable rectifier to enable or disable the current for charging the battery. We don't have any experience with this though and was wondering if someone could help or give some tips that would be greatly appreciated! I have attached a screenshot of the table if that helps.
Attachments
image-2.png
image-2.png (108.05 KiB) Viewed 945 times
rocketbunnyboy03

Re: Alternator Control

Postby Stephen Dean on Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:51 am

Hi,

What control strategy is specified by the manufacturer of the rectifier? What brand/model of rectifier is it, What engine is this installed on? You need to provide information to be able to get assistance.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby rocketbunnyboy03 on Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:03 am

Sorry, went on auto pilot when posting. We are using a KTM 450 SXF with an 450 EXC stator. We are unable to find any information on our rectifier for a control strategy. We had originally used the stock KTM rectifier that came with it but it does not have an enable wire, so to get something quickly we ordered something on Amazon but are unable to find a data sheet for it.
rocketbunnyboy03

Postby Stephen Dean on Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:44 pm

I am going to presume that the OEM ECU doesn't do control of the rectifier?

If you do not have access to a data sheet or a vehicle that is already running one of these rectifiers that you can reverse engineer the control strategies, it is going to be a matter of trial and see if you can get it to work.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Return to M1 Tune