Inquiry Help Nitrous setup

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

Inquiry Help Nitrous setup

Postby Clemens on Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:00 am

Dear Motec Team. dear Community!

I have a Motec M130 and a Pdm30 in a racecar where I added a dry shot nitrous system. Nitrous, purge and the heater have one relay each since there are not enough outputs at the pdk avaliable to do that directly. In my previous cars I had Haltech Ecus where I did minor setup changes myself so I would say that I understand the basics. Frankly speaking the Motec setup is very complex to me and here in Austria there are hardly any guys around who are familiar with a Motec.
My question is how to assign the keypad buttons to the nitous arm and heater function. The purge function is controlled directly via the pdm and I also could assign a keypad button in the pdm manager to it. As far as I understand the PDM communicates via CAN with they Keypad and the M130, but the Keypad does not with the M130 directly.
Since I have an analog pressure switch connnected to the activation wire of the heater relay, I dont need the bottle heater activation function by pressugn. I just want to have a keypad button assinged that activates the half bridie output 2,
Same with the nitrous arm function which also should be assigned to a keypad button. I enabled the nos system and connected the nitrous switch to driver switch one but how can I assign driver switch one to a keypad button? And how can I assign the activiation of a half brided output to a driver switch and finally to a keypad button for the bottle heater ?
Your help would be really appreciated regarding these quite basic questions.
If needed I can also semd my M1 packages and the PDM configuration file.

Kind regards,
Clemens
Clemens

Re: Inquiry Help Nitrous setup

Postby MikeD on Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:01 am

Hi Clemens,
of course there are people using MoTeC and the M1 here in Austria, which are well versed, but some don't promote it that much in the public ...and I agree the M1 isn't one of the most popular ecus here in this country.
If your dealer is of no help, which he should in general, then feel free to send me a pm possibly adding your mail or phone number and I'll try to help and get this thing going...
MikeD

Return to M1 Tune