Cycle lock achieved, but unable to fire

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

Cycle lock achieved, but unable to fire

Postby srivsaga on Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:08 am

Hi,

I have been trying to run the Royal Enfield Classic 500cc engine (single cylinder) using M150 ECU. All the sensors and actuators are working okay when I test the output. I have used the MAP sensor for synchronization since the engine does not have a CAM sensor and enabled Synchronization Ignore Mode at higher RPMs. It also achieves cycle lock on cranking. But the engine does not fire and gives sudden bursts (misfires or knocks maybe) occasionally. Can anyone list out the possible reasons, I am not able to figure out why this is happening.
I am not sure why it is happening, but I think an incorrect engine speed reference offset may be the reason: The ECU is not able to locate the location of the TDC w.r.t. the missing pulse accurately. I have measured it and it comes close to 324 CAD.
I have attached the files in which I have captured inputs: engine speed reference and TDC precisely (using an external hall effect sensor). I have also attached the drawing of the trigger wheel (18-1 configuration). Can anyone please confirm the correct value?

Trigger Wheel Drawing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a8K6p9pFf57qqgEe77x-JMPD0tyvK8UI/view?usp=sharing
Captured Input: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qGsAWN94EF4yBc8l-lMZmgcfT18sBOFp/view?usp=sharing

Thanks and regards,
Sagar
srivsaga

Re: Cycle lock achieved, but unable to fire

Postby David Ferguson on Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:30 am

Did you try adding 360 (or subtracting 360 -- same result) to your reference offset? If you're firing on the exhaust stroke instead of the compression stroke that is the simple fix.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Re: Cycle lock achieved, but unable to fire

Postby srivsaga on Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:21 pm

Thanks for a prompt reply David! On your suggestion, I shifted the offset by +360 CAD, and the engine has fired :) . I was actually firing it on the intake stroke and hence was unable to fire it.
srivsaga

Return to M1 Tune