Fails To Send Package to ECU

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

Fails To Send Package to ECU

Postby fsae_mst on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:47 am

Hello,

When I try to send a package to the ECU the loading bar goes red and stop sending. See first screen shot.

Through the ECU Monitor I can see that there is a too many ID error, among others, but I cannot seem to find what that is referring too. See second screen shot.

I can still send a previous version of the package to the ECU, so I do not believe this to be a wiring issue. The version that will not send is identical to the older version(I went back into M1 Build and reverted any changes).

This package does not have any Engine management parameters set, as currently this is only to test the function of new sensors. I do no think that should cause any issues as it has not caused issues in the past.

Has anyone ran into the same issue or know how I might solve this?

Screen shot link

https://imgur.com/a/PCghVV3

Thank you,
fsae_mst

Re: Fails To Send Package to ECU

Postby Stephen Dean on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:38 pm

Hi,

Is the logging full on the M1? This can sometimes cause this issue when sending a new Package to the M1.

The other test is to do a "Force Send", this involves holding the Crtl + Alt keys down whilst clicking on the Send button in M1 Tune. What this does is flush the memory and resends the system files and firmware to the M1.

The reason that you can send the old Package back into the M1 and not the new one is usually related to the memory spaced being full or fragmented. As tune only updates the areas that have been changed when an existing Package is send to the M1, then it is easier for the memory management process to fit the data into the memory space, whereas the full new Package may not fit into the available area.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby fsae_mst on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:20 am

Yes, the logging was full. I cleared it and was able to send the new package with no problem.

Thank you
fsae_mst

Postby tomasterraza on Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:38 pm

Hi, i have a similar problem. When i send the new package to the ecu (M142) the program shows an error saying: "The package was not send to the ecu" and under that it says is missing a file with a rare numbers name.
Has the same thing happened to anyone?

Greetings from Argentina.
Tomas
tomasterraza

Postby Stephen Dean on Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:47 am

Hi Tomas,

Can you please post a screen capture of the error that you are getting thanks.
Stephen Dean
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby tomasterraza on Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:04 am

SDean wrote:Hi Tomas,

Can you please post a screen capture of the error that you are getting thanks.

Thank you SDean for your response. I attach the link under with the screenshot. I'm desperate because the car compites in rallycross and rally, and the races are in 7 and 14 days.
Thanks!

https://i.imgur.com/k6ZRqpB.jpg
tomasterraza

Postby Stephen Dean on Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:07 am

Hi Tomas,

You are missing one of the system files that are required for the Firmware Package to work, to resolve this can you go to Help | Check for Updates... and see if it detects any updates. There should be a number of the listed when this happens, ensure that they are all selected and click on the install button to install them. Try to send the Package again once this is complete.
Stephen Dean
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby tomasterraza on Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:35 am

Thank you! I could do it by checking for update with the package loaded in the M1.
The car runs perfecty.
Thank you very much!!!
tomasterraza

Postby ryansoltau on Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:02 pm

I have a similar issue trying to send a base 4 cylinder generic, MAP based efficiency migration file to my GPRP m130 ecu for my 2009 Yamaha YZF R6.
Says "The package was not sent to the ecu"
"The current ECU license does not allow this package to be sent."
"Please update your ECU license to include the following firmware license"
Unless there is another file that works for a base start file because I cannot get it to work.
ryansoltau

Postby Stephen Dean on Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:09 pm

Hi Ryan,

If you can provide the serial number of the M130 I can check what is licenced to the M130.
Stephen Dean
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Next

Return to M1 Tune