M1 Tune Offline Install

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

M1 Tune Offline Install

Postby nfsve on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:11 pm

Just Wondering if there is a way of installing M1 Tune without the Internet.
Normally when you run it for the first time it needs to connect to the internet to get system files or similar?
I normally carry the M1 tune and Save file on a stick as a backup but it is probably not much use unless you have an internet connection where you are.

Thanks!
nfsve

Re: M1 Tune Offline Install

Postby AndrewD on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:06 am

The M1 Tune install does include some system files but we don't currently support getting updates onto a PC without an internet connection. Maybe we could add an option to store the downloaded archives: that way the updates can be copied to another PC is desired.

I'll see what we can do for the next version.
MoTeC Research Centre
Melbourne, Australia
AndrewD
MoTeC

Postby nfsve on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi Andrew, thanks for the response but I was meaning the M1 Tune itself and not the updates that requires the internet.
I have done some more research and it occurs when loading the R56 save file. It says the System File Version 01.03.16.0082 is missing or corrupt and you then need to load it off the internet.
nfsve

Postby AndrewD on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:24 am

The system file is downloaded in an archive if tune doesn't have a system that is compatible with the package. This can also be retrieved via "check for updates". Ultimately if M1 Tune is run on PC with an internet connection and it were to save these files you could copy them to a PC running M1 Tune that never connects to the internet.
MoTeC Research Centre
Melbourne, Australia
AndrewD
MoTeC

Postby nfsve on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:46 pm

Yes Andrew that would work great for me. I just need to locate the file?
On the working Laptop in c:\program files\Motec\M1\Common\1.3\Archives I have 01.03.16.0053.m1-sys-archive and 0057 and 0062 but no 0082 or newer?
thanks
nfsve

Postby AndrewD on Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:43 am

The archives downloaded for the updates are temporary files. This is why I mentioned we would need to add an option to store the downloaded archives. I'll add this to the list of features we are considering for the next version.

In the meantime you can manually download the required system file archive from motec online:

1. go to https://moteconline.motec.com.au/Package
  2. select the package: eg GPR (M150)
  3. under tuning variants click on the variant name (the blue title)
  4. In "Related Software" click on download beside "Required System Version"
MoTeC Research Centre
Melbourne, Australia
AndrewD
MoTeC

Postby nfsve on Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:00 pm

Thanks Andrew, worked great.
I will keep it with my install file. Once the next release comes out I'm thinking I will not need it anymore?
Another Idea for next release is a Can rate of 100K which would suit BMW Chassis Can.

Thanks for your assistance!
nfsve

Postby carote on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:36 am

Hi everybody

I'm facing the same issue but I didn't really understood how to fix it : can anybody help me ??
Thank you so much

Carote
carote

Return to M1 Tune